Author Topic: Problem with Windows Live Mail  (Read 3306 times)

mouseimaging

Problem with Windows Live Mail
« on: November 05, 2010, 09:58:01 AM »
Hi evrybody,

I have a problem since I installed/upgraded Avast!

I was using Avast! Pro until last night and since my licence was expiring I upgraded my licence by purchasing the Avast! Internet Security.

The uninstall and install process went well (no errors) and today when I open Windows Live Mail (2011) and want to answer or send a new email, Windows Live Mail 2011 shuts down.

Does anybody have this problem and how did you solve it ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards
Paolo

P.S : I'm using Windows 7
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:59:58 AM by mouseimaging »

SafeSurf

Re: Problem with Windows Live Mail
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 10:43:32 AM »
Hello mouseimaging (Paulo) and welcome to the forum. :)

This is a knowledge base article on using AIS (Avast Internet Security) that may help you with your issue: http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=482&ratingconfirm=1.

This is knowledge base article on scanning with Mail Shields and some issues that may also help: http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=458.

Please make sure that your firewall settings do not block anything related to your email.

If these do not help, please let us know and we will help you further.  Thank you.

mouseimaging

Re: Problem with Windows Live Mail
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 11:05:39 AM »
HI there,

Thank you for your quick answer.

I checked my configuration and everything seems to be ok

At the same time, I restaured my computer .. and with the Avast Pro it's working fine. So I uninstalled it manually and I reinstalled Avast! Internet Security.

When I open Windows Live Mail, everything is working. I can check my emails and they come in.
But as soon as I push the "reply" button, Windows live mail shuts down.

I check also the Windows 7 Firewall and it is turned off.

If you have any other idea you would make me very happy :)

Thank you for your help

Paolo