Author Topic: how do you remove virus with out deleting file  (Read 3831 times)

toady

how do you remove virus with out deleting file
« on: August 11, 2004, 11:34:37 PM »
Hello all,
  I'm new to avast how does this pporbam wok in sinmple english?  I have found some virus on my comptuer and I can only delte the file i cannot repair the file because of an error message 402060 ..  Once problem iI deleted one and it was in the windows operating systme now I cannot get that back I don't think?  There is a nother viruse in the operating system of windows how do I remove the virus with out deleting the file?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:how do you remove virus with out deleting file
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 11:48:07 PM »
I'm new to avast how does this pporbam wok in sinmple english?

No, there are quite 15 languages for avast! But here, in forums, just English...
Wellcome!  8)

I have found some virus on my comptuer and I can only delte the file i cannot repair the file because of an error message 402060 ..  Once problem iI deleted one and it was in the windows operating systme now I cannot get that back I don't think?  There is a nother viruse in the operating system of windows how do I remove the virus with out deleting the file?

Well, you will only able to repair an 'old' file, the clean ones that you have before installing avast (see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=6567). Can you send the file to Chest?
Which is the name of the file and its path?
The best things in life are free.

Goomish

Re:how do you remove virus with out deleting file
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 12:58:24 AM »
@ Technical:
No, there are quite 15 languages for avast! But here, in forums, just English...
I think, that "today" meant that replies to his post should be written in easy english

@toady: There is a chance that the files avast deleted were system files that come with Windows installation. If Yoy know their names and (that would be the bast) version You can try to restore them using msconfig.exe utility and "Expand files" (or something like that - I have polish version of Win XP - don't know how this button is named in Your Win; see attached picture). If by any chance deleted files come from any installed later app, see file's Properties tab (I know that may be difficult, because Avast will block acces for that file) - there may be some info about manufacturer and/or application that file come from, reinstall it - this should be the easies way to recover lost files.

P.S. Of course, first  try to detect and remove ALL viruses and/or other malicious programs that infected Your computer  :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 01:14:09 AM by Goomish »