Author Topic: [Resolved] explorer.exe infected by: Win32:Dropper-EBJ [Drp]  (Read 8661 times)

SafeSurf

Re: explorer.exe infected by: Win32:Dropper-EBJ [Drp]
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 10:23:32 PM »
@ freezeTT,

Let your machine run for a 1 - 2 days to make sure everything is working fine.  If all is going well and you feel that your issue is resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you for letting us assist you.  :)

freezeTT

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 11:33:49 PM »
will do, will do :)

let's see how long the machine runs without problems

and thx again

Lunchbox404

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 02:55:04 AM »
I'm haven the same problem on a system at a store. I've got avast internet security, and it says my explorer.exe file is infected with the exact same virus. I've tried running the prompt but i dont know my admin password... (issue i know) I dont want to roll back to last known working configuration because of bookkeeping. I'm trying to help out a friend and I just installed avast on the system today, previously they didn't have any anti-virus software to speak of. I do have the SP3 disc and every time i try typing the sfc/scannow nothing comes up, or it tells me i need to run it as an admin. PLEASE HELP ME ASAP! They get no start menu, no icons, nothing, i've been doing everything from the task manager. I'm worried that this will infect the other systems on their network, or corrupt their book keeping software. Is there anything i can do from just the SP3 disc that wonlt result in a loss of data?

SafeSurf

[Resolved] explorer.exe infected by: Win32:Dropper-EBJ [Drp]
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 08:50:04 AM »
@ Lunchbox404,

You need to start a new thread/topic as this one is closed (resolved).

To start a New Topic of your own as this will just confuse the current thread and we will help you there. 

Go to this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php, scroll down to the Avast Virus and Worms forum and click it, click the New Topic button at the top of the list and post there.  We will help you there (cut and paste your last post to the new post but add system OS and security software information as well).  Thank you.

In addition, please do the following:

1. Disconnect the infected machine from the network.
2. Check the information on the first post of this thread under Virus/Worms for you to check your machine for malware: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0.  Follow the directions of obtaining an MBAM log (make sure you update MBAM first) and the OTL logs.  Post the MBAM log here and the two (2) OTL log as an attachment (Additional Options > Attach > Browse (the logs will be on your desktop > Post). 

Please do not make any further changes to this machine after you have provided the logs (use another machine to check the forum).  We will refer you to our Certified Malware expert, named Essexboy after you post your logs.  He will also review your logs and give you further instructions, however he comes on the forum late UK time.  He will respond to you in your new thread, so remember to check your thread daily (from your non-infected machine, but have the infected one nearby so you can work on it). 

Try to find our your Administrator password as you will most likely need this.  Please let me know if you have any further questions (in your new thread).  Thank you.