Author Topic: A good Antivirus  (Read 3146 times)

Nagan

A good Antivirus
« on: November 09, 2010, 03:10:46 PM »
Hi,
 I am a newbie to Avast. Found the program very good , will bring some of my suggestions and reports as days go by. For the start..

1.While registering the free version kindly issue an activation code against the name. Incidentally I had to uninstall and reinstall Avast after a few problems. It was a little disappointing to see Avast ask for re-registration again. I wish it gives an option to continue with an earlier registration , as the names are exactly the same.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: A good Antivirus
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 03:16:27 PM »
Doesn't matter, just re-register with the same info.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 03:32:30 PM »
Or go here http://www.avast.com/license-center for a resend...
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 03:45:05 PM »
Hi,
 I am a newbie to Avast. Found the program very good , will bring some of my suggestions and reports as days go by. For the start..

1.While registering the free version kindly issue an activation code against the name. Incidentally I had to uninstall and reinstall Avast after a few problems. It was a little disappointing to see Avast ask for re-registration again. I wish it gives an option to continue with an earlier registration , as the names are exactly the same.

Well that just says to me that it did a good job of removing avast when you uninstalled it.

So how is the installation (or reinstall) of avast free to detect you had it installed and offer to use previous registration details (email, name, expiry date, etc.) as it hasn't stored that information locally.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Nesivos

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 04:09:58 PM »
Hi,

Welcome new AVast user.

I will tell you this.

Don't try and outsmart the designers and programmers of Avast.

For at least the first six months including spending an hour or more on this forum a day I would strongly suggest to leave the default settings as is.

Overall AIS is a very good program as is the Free AV only version of Avast.

Let it do its thing and learn how it does it before mucking around with the default settings.

Just my opinion :)