Author Topic: Avast Pro Antivirus 5.0.677 Wndows XP Home Black Screen When Switching Users  (Read 3130 times)

Mage

Since I installed Avast Pro Antivirus 5.0.677 on my  Windows XP Home PC I often Get Black Screen lockup on my Monitor when switching between users using the Windows-L keys and have to restart the PC.

Other than this annoyance all else seems to be working great, however would like tips / trick to get rid of the Black Screen lockup on my Monitor when switching between users using the Windows-L keys. Not always more likely if computer has been idle and awakened from Monitor in screen saver mode.

Offline RZPogi

That is normal in windows xp.
DESKTOP: Win 10, Avast 20 Free, Windows firewall, Malwarebytes free

LAPTOP: Win 10, Windows Defender, Malwarebytes free, Windows Firewall, Mcshield

Nesivos

Since I installed Avast Pro Antivirus 5.0.677 on my  Windows XP Home PC I often Get Black Screen lockup on my Monitor when switching between users using the Windows-L keys and have to restart the PC.

Other than this annoyance all else seems to be working great, however would like tips / trick to get rid of the Black Screen lockup on my Monitor when switching between users using the Windows-L keys. Not always more likely if computer has been idle and awakened from Monitor in screen saver mode.

Another reason to switch to W7 :)

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster

Odd.  If it's normal, then my WinXP Pro SP3 must be unique.  I've never had a black screen crash, nor a BSOD.

AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner