Author Topic: I was just curious, is Internet access required for installation of Avast free?  (Read 2987 times)

cnon

Hey All,

I was just curious, is Internet access required for installation of Avast free?

Please write back

Thanks,
Cnon

SafeSurf

Hello Cnon,

Not to install it, but it is to get the updates, which you need to do upon installation.  It is also recommended to have Internet access for registration.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Not to install, but to register it you would have to have a system with internet connection to complete the off-line registration (below) and receive the registration key email.

- Web site (Off-line) Registration rather than using UI Registration see support.avast knowledgebase article 459

- Registration avast5:
How to register avast 5 free on page 8
http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/quick-start-guide-free-en-ww.pdf.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cnon

Not to install, but to register it you would have to have a system with internet connection to complete the off-line registration (below) and receive the registration key email.

- Web site (Off-line) Registration rather than using UI Registration see support.avast knowledgebase article 459

- Registration avast5:
How to register avast 5 free on page 8
http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/quick-start-guide-free-en-ww.pdf.

Great! Thanks a bunch.  :)

Cnon

SafeSurf

If you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you.  :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] is Internet access required for installation of Avast free?
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 10:08:32 AM »
@ cnon,

You're welcome as well.  :)

If you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed.