Author Topic: Avast! Licensing Alert ?!  (Read 5079 times)

Chem

Avast! Licensing Alert ?!
« on: November 15, 2010, 08:39:49 AM »
Recently I've been getting this pop up day in and day out!

I usually just click off it but it still comes back up next time I switch on my laptop :@

The pop usually just wants me to buy a paid version of avast! which sounds odd to me!

So I just wanted to know, is this pop acutally from avast! or is it  a fake ?

Thanks

SafeSurf

Re: Avast! Licensing Alert ?!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 09:49:01 AM »
Hello Chem and welcome to the forum.

Are you currently using the Avast Free product?  When is it due to expire?  What version do you have?

Chem

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 09:52:43 AM »
Um, it's version 4.8.. and yeah it is the free one.. I did click on the link out of curiosty.. and it just too me to a page about paying for it.. I have no idea if avast! is acutally sending this pop up.. or if its a fake ?!

SafeSurf

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 10:04:10 AM »
It's not a fake, but you did not have to click on it.  Avast is reminding people that the 4.8 support is being discontinued shortly after the end of this year and encouraging people to upgrade to FREE (or if you want a different product like Pro or AIS) the newest version, which is 5.0.677.

Do you want to continue with the Free version and upgrade to the newer version?  Or did you already start the install for the paid version?

Chem

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »
I just left it, cause I thought once I clicked it I'd infected my computer or some rubbish like that (as you can tell I'm not a computer whiz haha so that's why I didn't know) I'd rather just continue with the free one really, do I need to upgrade or something ?

SafeSurf

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 10:50:50 AM »
You should before support for 4.8 ends, and this will give you a chance to become familiar with 5.0.  Soon v.5.1 will be released.

All you need to do is click on the upgrade button for Free to continue.  If you have any problems, just let us know here in this thread.