Author Topic: Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error. ++FIXED++  (Read 5093 times)

Capitaine Acadie

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error. ++FIXED++
« on: November 13, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
I found this fix ... and it worked for me!

"Hi Guys,

I had the same problem with google chrome and IE and FireFox basically all the I explorers, it was very frustrating but I can tell you that it is behind me now.

Here what I found and hope you benefit too:

I use avast home edition anti-virus, when I stopped it every thing worked 100% but this is bad workaround (stay without protection)

I further investigated it and found that if you go to avast anti-virus settings -> troublshooting -> redirect settings -> WEB  I found that HTTP port was populated with 80, I deleted that and the problem was solved already 2 weeks :)

Apparently the port was preset in one of the anti-virus software updates that caused the problem...???"

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error. ++FIXED++
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 04:55:17 AM »
What you have done is disabled the web shield. That is not a solution. If you view your web shield traffic there will be none. Normal problems that cause what you experiencing are running more than one antivirus program, corrupt TCP/IP, improper removal of existing antivirus programs (failure to use the developers uninstaller), or failure to update firewall rules.

1. What is your operating system? 32 or 64 bit?
2. What firewall are you using?
3. What security software do you currently have on your machine and what security software have you used in the past?
4. How were previous antivirus programs uninstalled?
5. What version of Avast! are you using? Free, pro, or AIS?
6. Are you experiencing any other problems?
7. Are you using a router?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 05:52:42 PM by Charyb »