Author Topic: AIS 5.1 Beta Updates and Automatic Updates  (Read 2514 times)

Nesivos

AIS 5.1 Beta Updates and Automatic Updates
« on: November 12, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »
If automatic updates are turned on will AIS automatically update through the beta cycle?

Do you have to turn on manual updates during the beta cycle in order to update only the most recent virus definitions without updating the program until after the beta cycle is completed?

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: AIS 5.1 Beta Updates and Automatic Updates
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 04:48:43 PM »
You have to install a first Avast! 5.1 BETA, but you can do that over your current Avast! 5.0 installation. Within the BETA everything regarding upgrading/updating works than exactly the same. Also the upgrade to a 5.1 release when it is available, can be done from the the BETA :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 06:23:29 PM »
Beta builds are never installed on normal updates.

Only those that wish to participate in the beta/pre-release versions and download it will be involved. Watch out for any beta/pre-release notification for avast 5.1 in these forums. Details on what to do (download and how to install, etc.) will be given in that notification.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Nesivos

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 06:36:26 PM »

Only those that wish to participate in the beta/pre-release versions and download it will be involved. Watch out for any beta/pre-release notification for avast 5.1 in these forums. Details on what to do (download and how to install, etc.) will be given in that notification.

Thanks I put a daily reminder in my calendar.

bong2x

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 06:52:21 PM »

:'( sad to say that my network is not competitive, maybe i could not download the pre-release coz of cyber traffic :'(

but still i will try to download and observe what is the effect in my system ;D ;D ;D

best regards!!