Author Topic: I NEED HELP!!! the instruction at "0x7c923845" referenced memory at "0x00000000"  (Read 17920 times)

mykidchloe

I click the link to download avz4 and I get a "404 not found" The requested resource was not found. So... I googled it and every link that i found for it gave me the same exact error message. Is it my computer????

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
OK that means we still have a major problem

I have uploaded a copy to my site for you - find it here http://cid-32d8666f4048075b.office.live.com/self.aspx/Malware%20files/avz4.zip

mykidchloe

Okay cool. Again I really appreciate this. Im working on it now.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Intriguing as all I can see on AVZ is traces of CA antivirus

Could you try combofix from safe mode please and let me know the result

mykidchloe

I just tried it out and I... got the same avg error message... Lost cause huh...?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Lets check for the TDL

Please read carefully and follow these steps. 
  • Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
  • Extract its contents to your desktop.
  • Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

• If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

• If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

• It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.

• If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
THEN

GMER Rootkit Scanner - Download - Homepage
  • Download GMER
  • Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
  • Double click GMER.exe.

• If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
  • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED ...
    • IAT/EAT
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show All (don't miss this one)

Click the image to enlarge it
  • Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
  • Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" 
  • Save the log where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
Please copy and paste the report into your Post.