Author Topic: antispam will not turn on  (Read 4702 times)

lgold999

antispam will not turn on
« on: November 13, 2010, 11:18:49 PM »
I am using Avast Pro antivirus ver. 5.0.677 .  The antispam is turned off and will not turn on.  I get messages that I am not fully protected and the "fix now" button does not help.  I am using outlook 2007 and windows xp pro operating system.  How can I resolve this problem?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: antispam will not turn on
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 12:11:01 AM »
try avast repair and reboot

For a repair of avast. Windows, Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button from the pop-up window, scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 12:18:32 AM »
As far as I'm aware there is no anti-spam in the avast Pro product, that is only in the Avast Internet Security product. So there shouldn't be an anti-spam plug-in for MS Outlook. 

So are you mean anti-spam and not the Mail Shield if so confirm you are using avast Pro ?

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

rgoodpa1

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 04:14:26 AM »
I'm having the same problem. Here is a screen shot. Dunno if this helps or not but I only use gmail on this particular PC. I have another PC that uses Outlook and am not getting this problem. I can click both the Turn On and Fix Now button and nothing happens.

bong2x

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:24:28 AM »
Hello rgoodpa1
Welcome to the forum.

you need to Repair the avast installation, the antispam icon is not shown in the picture.

Regards!!!

SafeSurf

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 08:02:04 AM »
@ rgoodpa1,

You are using a different product than the OP for this thread...you are using AIS and the OP is using Avast Pro.

You need to do an Avast Repair:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.

If this fails to fix your problem, please start a New Topic of your own as this will just confuse the current thread and we will help you there (reference this thread in your new thread). 

Go to this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php, scroll down to the Avast Free/Pro/Suite forum and click it, click the New Topic button at the top of the list and post there.  Thank you.