Author Topic: compare four antispyware  (Read 3027 times)

KITJAI

compare four antispyware
« on: November 15, 2010, 08:46:18 AM »
Among this four antispyware, Super Antispyware , Ad Aware free internet security, spybot search and destroy and Spyware terminator,which is the best antispyware?Can you explain about their differences?Thank you in appreciation. Besides that, does spyware terminator detects any tracking cookies?

hope you can answer me. thanks

SafeSurf

Re: compare four antispyware
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 10:00:33 AM »
I am not familiar with four_antispyware, so I cannot comment on this.

SuperAntiSpyware does track a LOT of tracking cookies.  Some people use it, but many are now using MBAM instead.

Ad_Aware is now obsolete and has been replaced with Malwarebytes (MBAM), which most of us use here.

NOTE:  You cannot use anything that says "Internet Security" because it will conflict with Avast because it will contain an antivirus in it.

Spybot SD has mixed reviews.  Some have had conflicts with Avast especially if using Teatimer (TT).  Many have had to uninstall it because of conflicts recently, but everyone's system is different.

Spyware terminator I have heard of no complaints or conflicts.

I would recommend putting MBAM (free or Pro/paid) on your machine) http://www.malwarebytes.org/ as a back up scanner.

You can also use add-on's in your browser(s) to improve your security with things listed in my Signature.

Also, don't forget to have a good 2-way firewall as well for improved protection.

osants911

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 10:26:20 AM »
SUPERAntiSpyware and MBAM certainly does nice job when you want to remove all kinds of malware.

Spybot SD & Ad Aware- Have used them for quite long time but it's not a good choice as they haven't kept pace with latest threats development.

Spyware Terminator- I have never used it before.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 04:33:24 PM »
This really should have been in the General forum as it has no direct relationship with avast.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

YoKenny

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 07:27:23 PM »
This really should have been in the General forum as it has no direct relationship with avast.
+1

But you have to be gentle with KITJAI who is a Newbie :)