Author Topic: Avast 5.0.677. Question about Bootscan Avast 4 settings so needed in Avast 5  (Read 5729 times)

Offline Vopiyoushii

Where avast4 features in Avas 5.0.677 ??? ??? ???... i can't find boot scan settings, and how can i tune bootscan. I so tired to wait when it find first alert through boot process, and give me a chance to select "Delete All"... sorry for my english. Another one thing you hide: it's... an Option "Do not check this file:...(filepath/filename.exe)"

SafeSurf

Hello Vopiyoushii and welcome to the forum.

What is your OS, 32 or 64-bit?

You are best to keep your settings to default settngs for now (do not make changes).

Offline Vopiyoushii

My OS is Windows 7 x32

SafeSurf

To do a boot-time scan:

Open the the Avast GUI > click on Scan Computer > click on Boot-time scan > Schedule Now > Restart your computer.  It will take a while to run.

Offline Vopiyoushii

Tnx... but i know how to start "on Boot scan", i want to know where to set default answer to founded objects, like it was in Avast 4. The objects like "Ignore (for all)", and "Put in a quarantine (for all)". Throughout on Boot-time scan, i'm waiting for the first founded alert, to check out this options. Early, i set default options before starting on Boot-time scan. It was so comfortable.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
That option isn't available in avast5's boot-time scan. It may be re-introduced in avast 5.1.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bong2x

That option isn't available in avast5's boot-time scan. It may be re-introduced in avast 5.1.

its good if there is an option to reconfigure the boot scan
"advance user" or "default setting" before running bootscan.
advance user can be monitor and decide where to put, delete or ignor
default setting is automatically move to the chest

but im thinking ::) ??? if this option is introduced in avast 5.1 do i have a capability to identify threats to be ignored or delete  ;D ;D ;D

just kidding  ;D ;D ;D

Bong2x

Offline Vopiyoushii

ufff ..... Thank you to discuss my question. In a moment i start to think, that i no more competent. Please, put in this option in next releases.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
What happened to the automatic actions in the Boot-time scan?
http://blog.avast.com/2010/02/04/v5-bts-auto-actions/

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
ufff ..... Thank you to discuss my question. In a moment i start to think, that i no more competent. Please, put in this option in next releases.

There is nothing to stop you selecting an option to apply to all detections in the boot-time scan, after you have the first detection.

Deletion isn't really a good first option (you have none left), 'first do no harm' don't delete, send virus to the chest (a protected area) and investigate.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vopiyoushii

usualy, i put all objects to chain for a while.... fully scan can take a lot of time.

SafeSurf

usualy, i put all objects to chain for a while.... fully scan can take a lot of time.
When you say "chain," do you mean the Avast Virus Chest?

bong2x

When you say "chain," do you mean the Avast Virus Chest?

maybe chain = all and it is a very bad idea, when your press move to chest all its okay but if you chain "delete all"

sometime you will supper in loop reboot :P

bong2x

SafeSurf

@ bong2x,

We can only guess until we hear back from the OP. 

Also, you do not need to write your user name in your post to save room in the thread.  Thank you.  ;)

bong2x

Also, you do not need to write your user name in your post to save room in the thread.  Thank you.  Wink

oww i forgot that i already use my nakename as user name  ;D ;D ;D :-X 8) :P