Author Topic: Safe Senders/Whitelist  (Read 5572 times)

BwanaJim

Safe Senders/Whitelist
« on: November 15, 2010, 01:00:32 AM »
Since I have been using Avast!(5+) when I put an email into Safe Senders List or it's domain to Safe Senders List it reverts back everytime I reopen Outlook. This is a pain. How can I get Avast to keep the email in the Safe Senders List? 

Also, the Whitelist button is not hilited for these emails to that cannot be used.

BwanaJim

Re: Safe Senders/Whitelist
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 11:46:48 PM »
60 people have read my post and not one could help me.  Pitiful.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:49:41 PM »
Maybe no one who has looked has outlook, I do not use it so cannot give any constructive help 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 01:22:37 AM »
Unfortunately I don't use Outlook either, so couldn't contribute anything.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Clay_Glenn

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:44:01 PM »
I am also using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and Avast Internet Security 5.0.677 under Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS.  Each time I open Outlook, the last entry in my Safe Senders gets removed.  That is, if I add four entries to the Safe Senders list and then close Outlook, the next time that I open Outlook, only the first three entries will still be there.  If I do nothing and just close and re-open Outlook, there will only be the first two entries left in the Safe Senders list.

Hopefully this detail will be helpful.

>>>> Clay >>>>

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 12:49:49 AM »
I'm not sure the avast Outlook plugin works well on x64 systems.
At least, it is listed as an improvement of the future 5.1 version.
The best things in life are free.

Clay_Glenn

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 02:40:47 AM »
I just checked on my netbook, which is running 32-bit Win7-Pro and AIS.  The behavior there is the same.  Every time I open Outlook, the last entry on the Safe Senders list is removed.

SafeSurf

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 09:22:21 AM »
I do not use Outlook either, so I cannot offer any suggestions.  However you can contact Avast if you like to ask them specific questions: http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles.  Thank you.

Clay_Glenn

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 04:12:54 PM »
Thanks for the link.  I have reported the behavior to Avast.

Clay_Glenn

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 06:06:28 PM »
Ok, Tech Support said this:
"Please just try to disable the avast add-in in the MS outlook settings. You do not need to worry because the avast Mail Shield is still filtering and scanning your incoming and outgoing emails."

To do this, you must start Outlook as Administrator, then go to Tools|Trust Center|Add-ins, select the Avast! Antispam entry and click the "Go..." button, then un-check the selection box next to Avast! Antispam.  Click "OK" and exit Outlook.  When you re-start Outlook, the Avast! plug-in still loads, but the "add-in" is disabled and the Safe Senders list is intact.

>>>> Clay >>>>