Author Topic: Please help me about the full/quick system scan settings of Avast antivirus free  (Read 1851 times)

marquist

being novice want to know what should be settings of avast free edition under: FULL/QUICK SYSTEM SCAN>SETTINGS>ACTIONS> AUTOMATICALLY APPLY ACTION (shall i check it here)> about VIRUS>PUP> SUSPICIOUS........about these last three(virus, pup & suspicious)....what shall i choose among the given options(Select action) & sub options (if action fails then). If any body can help about other settings of this program also. THANKS

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
I recomend using the default settings. also see the help guide you find in top right corner

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
It is most certainly best to leave avast on the default settings, until you get a better understanding of what avast does and more so what happens when you change an option (browse the help file).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security