Author Topic: Upgrade from AV Pro 5 to Internet Security questions  (Read 1684 times)

azism

Upgrade from AV Pro 5 to Internet Security questions
« on: November 15, 2010, 10:06:57 PM »
I have been running Avast Anti Virus Pro 5 ever since it came out and version 4.x before that. Now I see the Internet Security and want to upgrade to it. I am trying the trial version right now and like it. I have two questions.

1) My AV Pro license is good for a few months yet. If I do the upgrade, does the AIS license get tacked onto the end of the AV Pro license or is it just wasted money?

2) Is there an upgrade path for the AV Pro 5.x to AIS which probably would probably answer my 1st question. I see nothing about doing an upgrade, or I am just not seeing it when looking.  ???

Thanks in advance.  :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Upgrade from AV Pro 5 to Internet Security questions
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 12:13:02 AM »
I answered you other post:
As far as I'm aware there isn't currently an upgrade path from Pro to AIS (reduced cost). This is no doubt due the the fact that the AIS contains the Pro version and is for use in up to three systems.

So waiting until your Pro license is near expiry and upgrade then or take advantage of this offer, which would be much more than any possible upgrade from Pro to AIS.

Of course you could click on the Upgrade button in the avastUI, which should give you an upgrade path allowing you to go to AIS and there may well be a discount offer when you check it out.

That Upgrade button is present in my Free version, but I guess it would also be in the Pro version, is it (see image) ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security