Author Topic: Question for Comodo Firewall Users  (Read 2909 times)

BRANDONN2008

Question for Comodo Firewall Users
« on: October 13, 2010, 07:14:14 AM »
Hello. First, please don't slam me for not posting this on the Comodo forum. I know some people here use it and I want to sign up on as few sites as possible.

I've been thinking of switching to the Comodo Firewall with Defense+, because I really am impressed with the HIPS/sandboxing of it. I have a few questions though:

1. Does it work well on Windows 7 64-bit? Reading some of the reviews on cnet.com, it sounds like the 64-bit version has some problems.

2. Have they cut down on alerts for the Defense+. I know it is HIPS and will have alerts, but will it be a constant annoyance when browsing or going on Facebook?

3. What is its memory usage? ZoneAlarm is taking about 3KB of RAM, and PC Tools took 4KB.

4. Will it play nicely with WinPatrol and Threatfire?

Thank you!

osants911

Re: Question for Comodo Firewall Users
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 09:58:32 AM »
Hi, brandonn2010

I've been a user of Comodo Firewall for 3 years and it works well on my laptop :)
Ok, Let's answer to your questions.

1. I don't have a machine with Windows 7 64bit but it works flawlessly with 32 bit.

2. Comodo worked hard to reduce the number of alerts in v4(correct me if I'm wrong). You don't get any alerts when browsing or going on Facebook.(using the latest version, 5)

3. You mean 3000KB for ZA and 4000KB for PC Tools, right? In my machine, cfp.exe(main control program of Comodo Firewall) is taking about 5000Kb and cmdagent.exe(Comodo Agent Service) is taking 2000Kb.

4. As you can see in my sig, I use WinPatrol in conjunction with Comodo. They both Play nicely and never had any problem. Don't know about Threatfire though....

Hope this helps

azism

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 01:15:41 AM »
I tried Comodo on my Windows 7 64 bit PC, and it is okay. The big difference I noticed was my PC ran much slower with Comodo than with Avast! Internet Suite. I will not go back to Comodo, especially when their virus scan took almost a full day. I couldn't live with that, so it was back to Avast! which works like a charm.  ;)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:05:29 AM »
I tried Comodo on my Windows 7 64 bit PC, and it is okay. The big difference I noticed was my PC ran much slower with Comodo than with Avast! Internet Suite. I will not go back to Comodo, especially when their virus scan took almost a full day. I couldn't live with that, so it was back to Avast! which works like a charm.  ;)
azism, the op is talking only about the firewall not the av componant.

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 12:38:16 PM »
Comodo is planning to release 5.1 soon

azism

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 04:55:17 PM »
azism, the op is talking only about the firewall not the av componant.

That's part and parcel about what I was stating. MY PC now boots much faster, logs in much faster and runs much faster with Avast Internet Security suite that it ever did using the Comodo Internet Security suite.