Author Topic: certain files canmnot be scanned  (Read 8269 times)

Buchtes

Re: certain files canmnot be scanned
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 09:08:36 PM »
can't expand or how to?

bong2x

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »
you can go to your scan result and that line between file name and severity can be move.
picture it again

edit: also the full of status
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:22:23 PM by bong2x »

Buchtes

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 09:36:44 PM »
no can do, as soon as I move the arrow away from the line it's gone and I can't shoot it with screenshot
please advise.

bong2x

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 09:51:20 PM »
i mean in your scan result. the avast scan result not in the picture
point the cursor on the line between file name and severity then press left click the mouse and move it.

Buchtes

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 10:03:29 PM »
that's exactly what I did

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 11:23:48 PM »
- Expand Column Width, hover the mouse pointer over the column header divider until the pointer changes (see image, click to enlarge) left click and hold down the key whilst dragging the pointer to the right.

If that is exactly what you did then use the data file that contains the information on the scan.
- avast! Log file locations:
C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\Log  (Windows 2000, Windows XP)
C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5\Log  (Windows Vista, Windows 7)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:25:22 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Buchtes

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 12:03:42 AM »
I tried all above steps as recommended, it will NOT drag, or anything else. As soon as pointer is off printed section it disappears.

C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\Log  (Windows 2000, Windows XP)

results:

Buchtes

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 12:05:03 AM »
- Expand Column Width, hover the mouse pointer over the column header divider until the pointer changes (see image, click to enlarge) left click and hold down the key whilst dragging the pointer to the right.

this does not work

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 01:07:29 AM »
<snip>
results:

The idea was to open the log for the scan using notepad and copying and pasting examples of the files that can't be scanned rather than post images.

However since the greatest majority in the image all relate to adaware, do some house keeping and get rid of old logs (you have old c**p going back to 2004. Or go one step further and get rid of adaware as it really hasn't kept pace with current malware. MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) or SuperAntiSpyware (SAS) are both I feel much better.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 01:09:39 AM »

this does not work

It works for me but the key to it working is to wait for the mouse cursor/pointer changing to the double arrow before left clicking and holding it down and then drag.

Buchtes

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 01:32:13 AM »
yes that is what I do, I can drag the section Severity--- Error: File is offline.....

but not  the full string of the first line. I tried all suggestions to no avail.

I think all it is ( unscannable Files) is Files in a old Folder from before a new HD was installed after the PC was deeply corrupted and would not function properly. The PC Repair Guy saved the files in old Program Files and Avast can't scan these.

Buchtes

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 01:42:54 AM »
I am able to extend the String but unable to lock it in so that I could take a picture of it.
As soon as I remove the Pointer it retracts to the original  ( short)
c:\Documents and Sett...\cintxres.dll  line,  and all the others on that page.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 02:27:00 AM »
I don't think not being able to expand the columns matters much at the moment. Effectively the c:\oldProgram Files folder is redundant, as it won't be being used if you have a C:\Program Files folder, so I don't see what the purpose of creating it was, if it was for recovering any program data files, like .xls, .doc, etc. I would suggest that you do that and remove the folder, though I would ask the repair guy why he did that.

At the very least I would delete the c:\oldProgram Files\Lavasoft folder with all of those files that can't be scanned.

At no point have you said why the files can't be scanned and that is why I suggested looking inside the scans log/report file as that records the reason why they can't be scanned. This is much quicker than trying to faf around expanding columns and or posting images which doesn't show the reason.

So after removing the c:\oldProgram Files\Lavasoft folder run the scan again and it will have reduced the number considerably. Then open the scans report file and look at the bottom of the file (for the latest scan info) and copy and paste some of the examples.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 11:15:33 AM »
Hi,

Sorry, I was not available till now.

Please delete the files which sir DavidR told you to and try re-scanning. Come back.

nmb

bong2x

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 02:11:26 PM »
i think the files is inside the C:/document and settings ..... /.dll and not in old program files
it is a dynamic link of whatever the program is it but we cannot see it.
sometimes if we have a conflict program with another we use a costume install which is allow as to choose another folder and sometime if that program is out of mode technician put the file name old program file.
just my point of view ;)