Author Topic: 33 PC with no server - Easiest way to install?  (Read 5153 times)

bmsjeff

33 PC with no server - Easiest way to install?
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:41:09 PM »
I have a client with 33 PC’s, no server. 
Is there a way to create an answer file for installation of the license key and configuration settings?  Is there a way to silently install?
Or, do you have a recommendation as to the best way to install these?

With Symantec Endpoint, I can install manager on a station and push to all the computers.  Is something like this possible with AVAST?

wpn

Re: 33 PC with no server - Easiest way to install?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 12:43:31 AM »
well if you have 33 professional licenses then you can download ADNM and install it on one of the pc's if you really have no server
from there you can install to the other computers

but if you have 33 computers in 1 network segment you really need to consider running a server with Active Directory (if you use windows) or create a realm (linux/unix) or choose novell (if your brave)

bmsjeff

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 04:29:37 AM »
well if you have 33 professional licenses then you can download ADNM and install it on one of the pc's if you really have no server
from there you can install to the other computers

but if you have 33 computers in 1 network segment you really need to consider running a server with Active Directory (if you use windows) or create a realm (linux/unix) or choose novell (if your brave)

Thanks, 
They are actually 3 different segments of 10, different locations, and 3 laptops.
The ADNM is just what I was looking for.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 05:26:44 PM »
Thanks, 
They are actually 3 different segments of 10, different locations, and 3 laptops.
The ADNM is just what I was looking for.

Jebus... talk about an administrative nightmare.

Good luck with that!
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum