Author Topic: I am REALLY disappointed, and of course, SAD  (Read 11612 times)

GloobyGoob

Re: I am REALLY disappointed, and of course, SAD
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 09:53:14 PM »
Spend the one time fee for Malwareytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) and your system will be protected with Website Blocking as well plus automatic updates and scan sheduling.
Tell all avast users that they must have other on-access scanner with avast unless they will become infected.

MBAM's [Full version] real-time protection isn't going to help greatly. It's not really effective, especially against rootkits. I suggest sticking with the Free version. It is great at malware removal, and its on-demand scanner is good at detecting rougue AV's and decent detection against other types of malware. It should only be used to backup an AV though.

Silk0

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 10:54:51 PM »
12-es_csaj (sorry if i have write wrong)...

If you really trust Avast, stick with it and don't argue about that.
The last version of Avast (5.0.677) was released on 22nd of September... Today is 23rd of November. I think version 5.1 will be arriving soon or later...
Don't seems... but avast! team is alert for the suggestions you give for improvement of the anti-virus...

I read some commentaries all around forums and download sites and some have non sense at all... things like: "Oh, avast! have delete programmes, etc. I had to formate my computer, and other blah blah" and that gives me such anger to blow my computer away...
I use Avast since beginning of 2009 (version 4.8) and i'm not a Avast fan boy but i hate when people say "Avast sucks, etc". My answer is "Open your eyes", nothing less, nothing more.
Yes... i agree Avast! needs to improve in some points but in general it's a good anti-virus.

Now, back to 12-es_csaj...
if you are really disappointed, why don't you change? For the amazing, fantastic and fully featured free anti-virus of another brand?

Dch48

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 11:11:33 PM »
avast! gives to its users complete protection, with daily twice updates, file system, web and network shield and boot-time scan (x86) but if it doesn't block a LOT OF pieces of malware, then PCs will get those malwares.....
Spend the one time fee for Malwareytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) and your system will be protected with Website Blocking as well plus automatic updates and scan sheduling.
While Malwarebytes is a very good program, it is only effective against new and fairly recent malware. It will not detect many older threats that most true AV's will. It's only good as a backup and the free version is really all you need for that.

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 07:08:55 AM »
But... will avast!5.1 be better?

Some years (1-2-3) ago I could read more good opinions about avast, and it did better on tests.
Other AV's are getting stronger; they are very strong.. But it seems that avast! doesn't increase...

G-DATA will change the avast! motor into Kaspersky in v2012. AVAST Software will get less money.  :'( :'(

Sad future? :'(

Interesting news! I'd like to know more. Can you post the source?
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25