Author Topic: Avast 5 vrs Comodo  (Read 17745 times)

Yance

Re: Avast 5 vrs Comodo
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 11:36:43 AM »
which is better: avast free + comodo firewall or avast internet security?
I have better luck with avast free and OnlineArmor and this gives me better protection than avast with Comodo.
Is OnlineArmor free?
There are free and paid versions. The free version is perfect.
http://www.online-armor.com/products-online-armor-free.php
I have open their site. Free version of OA can't automatically update like comodo & avast.

Sammo

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »
Is OA has a sandbox feature?
Yes. Its called "Run Safer" in OA.

Sammo

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 04:44:20 PM »
I have better luck with avast free and OnlineArmor and this gives me better protection than avast with Comodo.
Is OnlineArmor free?
I have open their site. Free version of OA can't automatically update like comodo & avast.
OA does not need to automatically update because there are no virus definitions like avast or Comodo. You can always get alerts from the forums when a newer version of OA is released a few times a year. Also, you can beta test it before releases are out.

Yance

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 06:26:26 AM »
Is OnlineArmor free?
OA does not need to automatically update because there are no virus definitions like avast or Comodo. You can always get alerts from the forums when a newer version of OA is released a few times a year. Also, you can beta test it before releases are out.
How if i use avast 5 free + comodo firewall + OA? :)

GloobyGoob

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 06:28:00 AM »
How if i use avast 5 free + comodo firewall + OA? :)

You can't use 2 firewalls; they will conflict.

Yance

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 02:48:26 PM »
I have tested the OA and it make windows ics not function until i shutdown the OA or switch to learning mode.

Sammo

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 04:11:40 PM »
I have tested the OA and it make windows ics not function until i shutdown the OA or switch to learning mode.
You can find the answers by searching here:
http://support.online-armor.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Tenko

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 01:40:31 PM »
Hey

I have had CIS (comodo internet security) Avast combo (comodo AV's realtime protection/scanner was off of course) and comodo has never used alot of cpu (cmdagent.exe) during the time I used this combo. Maybe i was just lucky

Zonealarm may be good but comodo is a better option; comodo has HIPS-technology which provides you with better information and you get cloud scanner as an extra.

I recommend all to check the download program(s)/application(s) before are getting installed on the machine, at least I do.

Regards,
              Tenko
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 09:32:07 AM by Tenko »

brhokla

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2010, 01:51:38 AM »
I have used the comodo Firewall before and loved everything about it except all the pop-ups. It was nagging and wanted an answer for everything.  I like that you can install Online Armor and if you know your system is clean set the program up when installing it to automatically add all the programs you have on your computer to the accept list. I love Online Armor so far.