Author Topic: Unable uninstall Avast 4/5 setiface error 536870929  (Read 18746 times)

tiggers

Unable uninstall Avast 4/5 setiface error 536870929
« on: November 20, 2010, 07:08:36 AM »
Hi Technical staff.    I am unable to uninstall Avast4/5 antivirus program.  I receive the Message box saying setiface error 536870929.   Would you please give me some guidance on how to fully remove the program.

I downloaded the uninstall program from Avast website and the program message box said unable to install onto my computer because the program was in use.  Because I was having problems after I updated from Avast 4 to Avast 5 I ceased using the program. 

I tried uninstalling by going into Safe mode but was unsuccessful.

I downloaded CCleaner went to Tools and clicked on Avasts program  tried to uninstall that way but again was unsuccessful.

I then tried Unlocker program and that too wasn't successful.

I would appreciate help removing Avast antivirus ...

Thanks in advance. 

Tiggers

tiggers

Re: Unable uninstall Avast 4/5 setiface error 536870929
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 07:04:42 AM »
Revounlocker program successfully removed Avast4/5 from my computer.

Tiggers

wpn

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 11:59:31 PM »
there is an official avast uninstall utility that removes avast too...
hope you get it working again after reinstalling

iodinnaorar

Unable uninstall Avast 4/5 setiface error 5368
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 04:29:54 PM »
recently my microsoft office has not been working correctly, so i decided to to uninstall then reinstall.  however, when i try it says Error 1327, Invalid Drive: H:

how do i fix this?

running windows vista btw.

SafeSurf

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 10:40:36 AM »
It is not recommended to use a third-party uninstaller like Revo for ANY security software, especially an antivirus because drivers and registry keys are often left behind.  Instead, you should use the vendor's uninstaller tools to uninstall the software.  Avast has it's own Uninstall Utility Tool for this purpose.

1. Download Avast Uninstall Utility Tool, aswClear5.exe http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 4.0 and all Avast products).
2.. Download the Avast product you need.
3. Disconnect from the Internet at this time.
4. Go to Control Panel and uninstall Avast through Add/Remove Programs if possible and reboot.
5. If Step 4 fails, boot into Safe Mode (hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Tool.  Uninstall all Avast products/versions you have on the machine at this time.
6. Reboot.
7. Install the newest version and product of Avast and reboot.
8. Get Internet access and register your copy or add the license key.
9. Update the Avast definitions.