Author Topic: [Resolved] Win32:Hupigon-ONX  (Read 9428 times)

SafeSurf

Re: Win32:Hupigon-ONX
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 07:24:50 AM »
@ b-ray,

I'm glad everything seems to be working fine now, but wait for Essexboy to reply to your post.

Once you feel that your issue is resolved/fixed (no hurry), please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast √úberevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 07:40:55 PM »
Nope sounds like you did a thorough job  ;D

So Avast was alerting on something that AVP found then

b-ray

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 03:45:20 AM »
Correct

After AVP deleted what it had found and I did a good cleaning Avast no longer detects anything in my backups.

I think the program that was causing the problem was a program called mediaspace.  Mediaspace was bundled in with a program I had downloaded and installed.  It installed itself when I installed that program.

I will go ahead and attach the log for reference.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 03:55:02 AM by b-ray »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast √úberevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: [Resolved] Win32:Hupigon-ONX
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »
AVP killed your restore points so I would recommend that you create a new one as a backup

b-ray

Re: [Resolved] Win32:Hupigon-ONX
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 01:27:21 AM »
AVP killed your restore points so I would recommend that you create a new one as a backup
I then removed and recreated my restore point (it had several entries that were found and deleted by the removal tool.) and I went one step farther and removed and recreated my pagefile.  I then did a defrag and ran another system backup and everything checks clean when I right click on the backup file and do a scan using avast.

I think I am in pretty good shape.  Thanks again for all your help.  I would have probably searched for another several days trying to find an answer and then would of wrote it off as a false positive again like I did the last time without your help.  The program that was causing the problem was totally locked down by my firewall so it wasn't able to do anything it shouldn't do but I am glad it is off my system and my backups show clean now.

@ tonygpf,

You may want to check into yours a little farther.  I found a lot of post claiming false positive on Acronis as well as Ghost images.  The backups I made of My Documents have always shown clean.  My C: drive has always shown clean.  It has only been my system backups of C: drive that have shown a virus and only when I right click on the file and choose scan.  You might try doing a partial backup and see if you get the same results on a partial backup as you do on a system backup.