Author Topic: How do I report to you samples  (Read 6707 times)

Offline jason7619

Re: How do I report to you samples
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 11:07:46 PM »
...really....IMHO that's not good at all... :o

Maybe longmianjushi can post again and let us know:

(a) How did avast respond to his sent samples..
(b) How long is the response time or did he ever get a response..
(c) ..maybe post the response here for transparency....

calling longmianjushi ;D
Avast IS 19.8  /  Malwarebytes Premium / Windows 10 x64 Build 1903 / AMD A10 Processor desktop with R9 Graphics 32GB Ram.

Offline jason7619

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 11:40:01 PM »

@YoKenny;

updated profile. Thanks was waiting till I get to reach 20 post so it will be in tandem with placing an avatar. Hope my questions did not offend you...I am just trying to get an understanding of how samples are responded to by avast. Surely it is not of any issue here as all are professionals here. Any long time AV user have experienced/encountered false-positive/undetected virus in his usage. And some do wanna know and understand the true nature of a detection "if" it is really a virus or not. Take the case of longmianjushi here. 

"....as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice."
--- does having an incomplete signature affect giving of pertinent advice? I seem to have not understood that well...Oh well:-)

Cheers!
Avast IS 19.8  /  Malwarebytes Premium / Windows 10 x64 Build 1903 / AMD A10 Processor desktop with R9 Graphics 32GB Ram.

YoKenny

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 11:45:22 PM »
See
Definition of PERTINENT

: having a clear decisive relevance to the matter in hand
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pertinent

Offline jason7619

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 12:03:44 AM »
@YoKenny;

I know the meaning of "PERTINENT".

We in the Philippines KNOW our English very well.

What I meant was you seem to be looking more than something in the "signature" before replying or choosing to reply. 

"--- does having an incomplete signature affect giving of pertinent advice?"

--How so? There were a couple of responses and they looked beyond the signature and gave opinions connected/pertinent to the question that longmianjushi has posted....surely you did not ask longmianjushi to complete his..so there might be something you are implying differently..the reason for your post.

"-- I seem to have not understood that well...Oh well:-)"
---was only putting it lightly there....but you responded sarcastically IMHO. I believe if you cannot add some inputs to the question at hand then.....jeez...

Let the mods decide of what you were implying....