Author Topic: Avast won't work. Literally.  (Read 2447 times)

SpiseyKurry

Avast won't work. Literally.
« on: November 24, 2010, 06:10:59 PM »
Well... I have downloaded Avast SEVERAL times, restarted my computer blah blah blah and it just won't turn the scanner on.
I tried clicking "FIX NOW" in the upper right on the "Summary" section, I tried clicking "Start Program" in the lower right of the same section. It just won't start protecting or scanning.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast won't work. Literally.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 06:15:31 PM »
Well... I have downloaded Avast SEVERAL times, restarted my computer blah blah blah and it just won't turn the scanner on.
I tried clicking "FIX NOW" in the upper right on the "Summary" section, I tried clicking "Start Program" in the lower right of the same section. It just won't start protecting or scanning.

1. Which Av did you use before, how did you get rid of it..?
2. Which avast..?
3. Your system..?
4. Other security related programs..?
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

SpiseyKurry

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 06:18:04 PM »
I am using the free protection, I have XP, and I used the free one before that. Halp?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 07:02:34 PM »
I am using the free protection, I have XP, and I used the free one before that. Halp?
From what I bave experienced, When asked specific questions about your Operating System(OS), and other security software you really have to be more detailed, similar to ASYN's signature at the bottom of his post as best you can. :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 08:01:10 PM »
From what I bave experienced, When asked specific questions about your Operating System(OS), and other security software you really have to be more detailed, similar to ASYN's signature at the bottom of his post as best you can. :)

That's true, schmidthouse... Thanks for making a good point..!
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0