Author Topic: I can't recommend Avast to any of my friends or family  (Read 7926 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: I can't recommend Avast to any of my friends or family
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 08:16:31 AM »
Download, update & run Free Mbam. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
Let it quarantine its findings and post the log here.
Btw, if you have to go to dangerous sites, it would be a good idea to use NoScript with Firefox...
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

GloobyGoob

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 05:19:22 PM »
Since you have the paid version, you have access to Avast's Sandbox / Process Virtualization module. It lets you run a program in a safe, virtual environment so that when a piece of malware slips by the shields, it will be isolated from your PC to do any harm. It's a good idea to run your browser sandboxed especially when you visit high-risk sites. Just right click the application and select Run in Sandbox, or Always run in Sandbox. If you download dangerous files frequently, then you can take it a step further and uncheck the first option in the Expert Settings to sandbox all downloads aswell.

condor221

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 10:12:44 PM »
The virus will not allow Malware to be downloaded onto the computer......

spg SCOTT

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 10:59:43 PM »
Can you download MBAM to another computer and transfer it to the infected pc by cd?

If not, then you may need the help of essexboy as he can help with his tools in an environment outside of windows, in the form of a live cd.

Scott

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 11:17:30 PM »
Hi lets try this first, if it fails go to Plan B

Note: If using Firefox right-click on any download links and choose Save As

Please download OTH to your desktop
Please download OTL  to your desktop
Please download the attached file Scan.txt to your desktop

Double click the OTH file to run it and click Kill All Processes, your desktop will go blank.

Then select Start OTL. OTL will now run

• Double-click on the Custom Scans box and a message box will popup asking if you want to load a custom scan from a file
    Select Scan.txt that you downloaded

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Click the Internet Explorer button, post these logs in your Virus Removal topic.
Plan B

Download Rkill from here : there are several flavours to choose from, if one does not work then try the next

* rkill.com
* rkill.scr
* rkill.pif

Once it is downloaded, double-click on rkill in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Security Central and other Rogue programs. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by Security Central when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate Security Central . So, please try running Rkill until malware is no longer running. You will then be able to proceed with the rest of my instructions.

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.

Then run OTL as above
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 11:40:47 PM by essexboy »

condor221

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 12:51:05 AM »
Thanks Essexboy, but none of it worked. The virus was successful in blocking all of it from happening.....

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 01:35:45 PM »
OK time to work outside windows

Please print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing

OTLPENet.exe
MD5=C2629B6D6FA189EA92FF6FD1FFA2A81D
127,353,979bytes / 121.4MB

• Download the attached scan.txt to a USB drive
  • Download OTLPENet.exe to your desktop
  • Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive
  • Double click OTLPENet.exe and this will then open imgburn  to burn the file to CD

• Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • As the CD needs to detect your hardware and load the operating system, I would recommend a nice cup of tea whilst it loads  :) 
  • Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop.
Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location
  • When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
  • When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start.
  • Double click the Custom scans and fixes box
  • In the dialogue locate the scan.txt you have on the USB
  • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
  • When finished, the file will be saved  in drive C:\OTL.txt
  • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system.
  • Right click the file and select send to : select the USB drive. 
  • Confirm that it has copied to the USB drive by selecting it
  • You can backup any files that you wish from this OS
  • Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.

condor221

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »
unable to do the above....the virus will not allow all the processes.  Giving up, trashing the PC, switching security programs. Thanks all for trying to help.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 10:49:07 PM »
You are unable to burn a cd then ?