Author Topic: Avast says it is out of date in windows security alerts  (Read 4581 times)

blennon

Avast says it is out of date in windows security alerts
« on: February 28, 2008, 10:34:18 PM »
text as follows: Avast! Antivirus 4.7.1098 (VPS 080228-0) reports that it might be out of date.

This causes the warning icon to flash up. It is completely up to date. Any ideas as to why it says it is not?
THanks.

spiRits3033

Re: Avast says it is out of date in windows security alerts
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 03:34:48 AM »
Obviously, you can try to update the avast database manually to see if it fixes the warning.. If not, you might have to reset Windows Security Center. I know how to do it in Vista because I had to do it before.. if your running Vista you can try this..

Type "Computer Management" in the start menu search box.
Click on "Services and Applications" on the left hand side
Click on "Services"
Stop the Windows Management Instrumentation service
Delete the C:\Windows\System32\wbem\repository folder
Restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service
Reboot your computer

This should reset Windows Security Center and fix the problem.. but only if your running Vista.. I'm sure it's similiar in XP but you might want to make sure before you mess with folders in your windows directory.

Hopefully that works.

Here's where I got the info..
http://www.pchell.com/support/multiple_antivirus_in_security_center.shtml

~spiRits3033

rassel

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 09:30:42 AM »
Have you just installed avast in your computer? If yes this problem will occur and you need to wait until it automatically update.If it doesnt update than follow what spiRits3033 instruction given

canuck2

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 07:57:54 PM »
Have you just installed avast in your computer? If yes this problem will occur and you need to wait until it automatically update.If it doesnt update than follow what spiRits3033 instruction given

I'm experiencing the same messages about Avast Home being out of date.  If I manually update it works but eventually it goes out of date again.  I have it set for no proxy, and I'm on a full time internet connection.   This started happening a few weeks or so ago.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 09:42:11 PM »
text as follows: Avast! Antivirus 4.7.1098 (VPS 080228-0) reports that it might be out of date.

This causes the warning icon to flash up. It is completely up to date. Any ideas as to why it says it is not?
THanks.

Check the system date, double click, the clock, and ensure the day month and year are correct. Someone may have been using the calendar to check a future date and not set it back to the correct date, most common issue.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 10:31:37 PM »
Check the system date, double click, the clock, and ensure the day month and year are correct. Someone may have been using the calendar to check a future date and not set it back to the correct date, most common issue.
If David's advice does not solve the problem, try http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23457.msg193534#msg193534
The best things in life are free.

blennon

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 04:52:54 PM »
If David's advice does not solve the problem, try http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23457.msg193534#msg193534

Seems to have fixed itself now. Thank you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 07:30:03 PM »
Seems to have fixed itself now. Thank you.
Hmmm... we hate mysteries.
The best things in life are free.