Author Topic: Is It Possible in AIS 5.X to View/Print A Text File of the Settings?  (Read 1958 times)

Nesivos

Does AIS 5.X create a text file of the current settings for viewing and also preferably printing?

Thanks

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: Is It Possible in AIS 5.X to View/Print A Text File of the Settings?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 09:51:06 PM »
Not that I know of.  Alt + Print screen will give you a screenshot of the avast program window only if you have it selected though.

The Avast4.ini file used to have the settings in it, but I don't think that's the way that 5.x works.

I'd look around for you, but us business users have been in the dark for a while and are still stuck on 4.8.  ::)
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Nesivos

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 05:15:22 PM »
Not that I know of.  Alt + Print screen will give you a screenshot of the avast program window only if you have it selected though.

The Avast4.ini file used to have the settings in it, but I don't think that's the way that 5.x works.

I'd look around for you, but us business users have been in the dark for a while and are still stuck on 4.8.  ::)

Thanks for the tip on Alt + Print however I use "ScreenHunter Free" to capture the screen image or part of it.  Works great.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 07:11:39 PM »
Whatever floats your boat!  There are a billion of them, I was just giving the free built-in way.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum