Author Topic: RESOLVED Real Time Scan turned off every time I turn my computer on  (Read 43925 times)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Real Time Scan turned off every time I turn my computer on
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2011, 10:59:46 AM »
Oh yes, I'm back.  It's turning itself off again!!

Are my heroes still out there?

TINK

PS  Got rid of Online Armor and am just back to Windows Firewall.  OA 'jammed' my machine!

>:(
Tink66 you can im essexboy by clicking the im tab under his avatar, write a small msg and he will respond later when he come's on the forum's.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: RE-OPENED Real Time Scan turned off every time I turn my computer on
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2011, 08:37:55 PM »
Hi Tink - is it just windows firewall turning itself off now ?  Is OA fully uninstalled ?

Tink66

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2011, 10:42:02 AM »
Hi Tink - is it just windows firewall turning itself off now ?  Is OA fully uninstalled ?

Sorry, not very clear there!
Avast (the devil) is OFF again when I'm logging on.  I have totally uninstalled Online Armor as I found that my computer started 'hanging' and I couldn't turn it off!  I know, bozarre.  Managed to stop it in safe mode (you see, I did learn something on here!)
Windows Firewall is OK at the moment - it's just Avast being naughty again.
I have run MBAM and I have nothing infected.  Do you suggest another uninstall and reinstall?
Thanks

YoKenny

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2011, 03:07:06 PM »
Do you have MBAM Free or paid with resident protection ???

You should delay avast! startup as I have a problem with MBAM paid on my XP Pro system unless I delay avast! services.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2011, 07:12:35 PM »
Try a repair first as AO may have damaged it in someway

Go to the control pane - add/remove
Select Avast but scroll down to the repair section and run that

Tink66

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2011, 09:51:40 AM »
MBAM free version.

I have run the AVAST repair and shall see how I get on.  Bizarrely, it didn't turn off today but that's how it all started last time! LOL ::)

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »
The wonders of modern technology  ;D

Tink66

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2011, 11:45:24 AM »
 :-X

No comment!

I shall leave this thread open for a couple of days if that's OK..........just in case!

YoKenny

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2011, 02:36:43 PM »

No comment!

I shall leave this thread open for a couple of days if that's OK..........just in case!
Please update your signature
Avast Free 5.0.677 / MBAM
avast! is now 5.1.889 and please indicate MBAM free

SafeSurf

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2011, 09:53:20 AM »
There are now more places to add trusted exclusions with Avast and OA since Avast upgraded to v.5.1.889:

To add OA to Avast exclusions:

·   Settings > Exclusions > Add > search for Online Armor and click on the box to the left of it and add it, then click OK
·   Real Time Shields > Expert Settings > Trusted Processes > Add > search for Online Armor and click on the box to the left of it and add it, then click OK
·   Behavior Shield > Expert Settings > Trusted Processes > Add > search for Online Armor and click on the box to the left of it and add it, then click OK.  Also change action to take in Behavior Shield to “Ask.”

To add Avast exclusions to OA, this has not changed from before:

·   Open the OA GUI > Options > Exclusions > Add > click on the pop-up window and find C:\Program Files\Awil Software\ (for Avast).

·   When you reboot OA (to go into Learning Mode), make sure ALL Avast shields are left on.

·   Reboot your machine again; OA requires two boots.  After this second reboot, you may get a pop-up asking you if you trust Avast.  Answer the pop-up as "Trust Always" and "Remember My Decision" and you should not get any more pop-ups.  Answer incorrectly and you will get future pop-ups.

·   Open the OA GUI > Programs > untick "Hide Trusted" so that you can see everything > look to make sure everything from Avast is not "blocked" (red) or "ask" (yellow).  If it is, right-click the item and change it to "Trust."  Reboot.

·   Open the OA GUI > Options > Backup/Restore > Save your settings once you have everything the way you want it.

Since you are currently using the XP firewall, this only provides a 1-way very weak firewall protection.  Try giving the exclusions as described above a try and see if this helps making sure you completely uninstalled OA per the vendor’s instructions (reboot) prior to you re-installing it again.  Let me know if you have any questions.  If you still have problems, we’ll see what we can do to help you with a different product to give you better protection.  Thanks.

NOTE:  If the new version of Avast is giving you a problem and the Avast Repair did not resolve your issue, you may consider uninstalling it via the Avast uninstaller tool and reinstalling it.  Then reinstall OA with the exclusions listed above, making sure you completely uninstalled OA prior to re-installing it via the OA uninstaller, then reboot your machine.  You can also check in Safe Mode if OA is still on your machine as well by doing a search for "Online Armor," "OA," "OANet," "OACat," "OADevice," "oahlpxx," "OAmon" and "SvcOnlineArmor."  If any of these show up in Safe Mode after uninstalling OA, you can delete them, then reboot your machine prior to re-installing.  You might also want to do a defrag as well if you end up going this route.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you.

Tink66

Re: RESOLVED Real Time Scan turned off every time I turn my computer on
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2011, 06:05:48 PM »
Thank you everyone but I have major problems with AVAST - tried uninstalling and then re-installing but had error messages each time.  Have now given up the ghost and gone to a competitor!!
Have closed this link.