Author Topic: RESOLVED Real Time Scan turned off every time I turn my computer on  (Read 43764 times)

Tink66

Re: Real Time Scan turned off every time I turn my computer on
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 01:11:38 AM »
I am just going to restart my system.  There was a lot of adware (about 260 infected files).  It won't let me paste all of it as I am exceeding the max message length....

Tink66

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 01:23:50 AM »
Memory Modules Infected:
c:\program files\mywebsearch\bar\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\program files\mywebsearch\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\program files\mywebsearch\bar\1.bin\F3HTMLMU.DLL (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Not selected for removal.

This is the first part of the log.  Is this what you need to see?  There's loads more!

SafeSurf

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 01:31:07 AM »
Reboot your machine if it asks you to, then post your log.

Post the MBAM log here (copy and paste) as an attachment (Additional Options > Attach > Browse (the logs will be on your desktop > Post).  

Tink66

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 01:39:55 AM »
OK, am stumped now.  I added a wordpad document but it didn't like that so I tried desktop and tried to attach the mbam file and it said it was too large.
Am off to bed now as my brain is addled.
Thanks for your help.

SafeSurf

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 01:44:20 AM »
MBAM has a tab labeled "LOG."  You want to cut and paste it into Word > Save it somewhere > Attach it to your post.

Tink66

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 12:24:52 PM »
I give up!  I cannot save as a jpg and everything else I try and attach tells me it is too large.
I have found the log, no problem, but just cannot get it to save in a format that this forum will accept.
I am not a computer buff and am now convinced that there is something extremely awful in my system.

Tink66

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 12:26:25 PM »
Bizarre.  It now seems that I have attached it 3 times despite telling me it hadn't.....?
I am slowly losing the will to live here...... :-\

SafeSurf

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »
I see that you did the best that you can.  Your first attachment was in the correct format, but missing the top part.  Can you tell me if you had updated MBAM prior to scanning and are using version 1.50?

The second attachment was worthless since it was in unicode and unreadable.  The next time you need to attach, do not convert it to a jpg.  Just put it into Notepad.

Is your machine running any better after doing the MBAM scan?  I still see problems, but I want to know what problems you are still having?

Next, I'd like you to check the information on the first post of this thread under Virus/Worms for you to check your machine for malware: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Follow the directions for obtaining the OTL logs.  Post the two (2) OTL log as an attachment (Additional Options > Attach > Browse (the logs will be on your desktop > Post). 

I am going to refer you to our Certified Malware expert, named Essexboy.  He will also review your logs and give you further instructions, however he comes on the forum late UK time.  He will respond to you in this thread, so remember to check this thread daily.  I will continue to provide assistance in the meantime, then remain in the background while he works with you.

IMPORTANT: If you are on a home network, disconnect the affected machine from the network.  Do not share a USB/flash drive with this affected machine.  Try to use a different machine to check email, sync your phone, etc. if possible.

***Please do not make any further changes to your machine once you have provided the OTL logs. ***

Let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 01:04:14 PM »
Monitoring  ;D

Tink66

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 11:53:06 PM »
SafeSurf
Thanks for your help thus far.  The Malware version I used was dated March 2010 so I have now updated to the newest version and run a quick scan.
Here are the results:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5214

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

05/12/2010 22:43:16
mbam-log-2010-12-05 (22-43-16).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 130616
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 22 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 6
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{E47CAEE0-DEEA-464A-9326-3F2801535A4D} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{3E1656ED-F60E-4597-B6AA-B6A58E171495} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{3DC201FB-E9C9-499C-A11F-23C360D7C3F8} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{3DC201FB-E9C9-499C-A11F-23C360D7C3F8} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FunWebProducts.HTMLMenu (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FunWebProducts.HTMLMenu.2 (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Tink66

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »
The only computer I have access to read emails is this one so it is difficult for me to disconnect it.  I am wondering if a dongle I bought on-line had a virus in it....?  I only bought it to download the photos from my phone.

I have noticed very little difference to my machine since running the malware scan.  The problem with Avast is still happening.  If I log on for the first time in a day I usually have to reset the system; I always get the warning triangle telling me that the system is not fully protected but assume this is because it is updating itself?  On two occasions, when Avast has been turned off, whilst resetting it, I have been advised that a programme is attempting to turn the real time scan off and click on 'no' as I am not intentionally doing this.  I assume this is the infected file doing this. 
As I said previously, the problem has only been happening recently - perhaps the past four weeks.
I have looked at the virus link and am a bit confused by it.  Do I download one of the virus removal tools and, if so, which one would you recommend?
Thank you.

Tink66

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 12:17:52 AM »
Here is my OTL log.  I didn't change any of the settings except clicking all users and pasting the text as quoted.

I will not download anything and keep my system as it is.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:20:40 AM by Tink66 »

Tink66

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 12:22:05 AM »
I think that I have just attached mumbo jumbo so will try again!

Tink66

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 12:29:47 AM »
THird time lucky?

Tink66

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 12:31:04 AM »
Sorry, this is not playing ball (user error?!)
I have done yet another scan and this is the latest one.