Author Topic: RESOLVED Real Time Scan turned off every time I turn my computer on  (Read 43761 times)

Tink66

Re: Real Time Scan turned off every time I turn my computer on
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2010, 12:32:45 AM »
Nope, still rubbish.  What am I doing wrong?!

Tink66

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 01:12:32 AM »
One last attempt......

Tink66

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 01:13:38 AM »
Hurrah!  Sorry that there are so many posts..... ???

I also have CrapCleaner that I run daily.

SafeSurf

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 08:11:50 AM »
I see that you were able to post 1 part of the OTL.txt log, but not the OTL.extras log.  Perhaps you can try to get the OTL.extras log in the same format you used to do the last log you did on page 3). 

I know this is difficult for you and you are doing a great job.  You are not doing anything wrong (and don't worry about the extra posts)...what counts is that we fix your problem and you are happy in the end. :)

@ Essexboy, I'm going to have you review the OTL log (last one posted on page 3) to review.  Thank you.

Tink66

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2010, 12:32:40 PM »
I am only getting the OTL text log.  The first time I ran OTL I had an extras log but, due to user error, (!) I am not getting it anymore.  Would you recommend that I delete the desktop icon and re-install OTL to see if I get the extras log again?
I opened the interface just now when I started out to 'see' what was behind the warning triangle on the icon.  The real-time scan was turned off but righted itself without any action by myself.  When I get the red cross I have to rectify it myself.

How often would you recommend running Malware as obviously I am now paranoid!

I really do appreciate your help.  I chose AVAST as it was recommended by Which? magazine as the best free anti-virus.  Are those of you helping me out actually AVAST people or just keen volunteers?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:35:01 PM by Tink66 »

YoKenny

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2010, 03:22:07 PM »
Please go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then select your country in Please select your country: then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

We are keen volunteers.  8)

Tink66

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »
All done!
I am somewhat wary of the email thing - despite 'hiding' my email address from public view it still seems to be available?

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2010, 05:16:02 PM »
All done!
I am somewhat wary of the email thing - despite 'hiding' my email address from public view it still seems to be available?

Your email address is only visible to you, as mine is to me.  Visit the forum with another browser that you haven't visited this site with, and you will see that your email address isn't visible to the rest of the forum users.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2010, 06:05:24 PM »

No, it's hidden, don't worry..!!
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

YoKenny

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2010, 08:12:33 PM »
All done!

Well Green Goddess in your signature does not tell us anything about your system.

No, it's hidden, don't worry..!!

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 10:36:09 PM »
Number two worked for me  ;D

Nothing in easy view there so I will need to go deeper

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:OTL
    IE - HKU\S-1-5-21-796845957-1409082233-682003330-1003\..\URLSearchHook: - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledItems: m3ffxtbr@mywebsearch.com:1.1
    FF - HKLM\software\mozilla\Firefox\extensions\\m3ffxtbr@mywebsearch.com: C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin File not found

:Files
    ipconfig /flushdns /c

:Commands
    [purity]
    [resethosts]
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]
    [CREATERESTOREPOINT]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.
NEXT

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.  It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you.  Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

SafeSurf

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2010, 08:58:33 AM »
Are those of you helping me out actually AVAST people or just keen volunteers?
We're keen volunteers.  ;)  Don't worry about your Signature for now until Essexboy is done removing your malware.  After that, he and I will give you some tips for keeping you safer in the future.

BTW, I like your new avatar. :)   So follow Essexboy's instructions, as he will be giving you many, and let's start the malware removal process.

Tink66

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2010, 11:11:59 AM »
Here is my latest OTL log after reboot:

SafeSurf

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2010, 11:15:56 AM »
I tried to read the log, but it is in the wrong format.  Please save it as ANSI and not Unicode.  Thank you.

Tink66

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2010, 11:16:41 AM »
The latest after a quick OTL scan (think I posted the wrong one last time).  I didn't paste anything into the custom box nor did I tick the 'all users' option.