Author Topic: Any news about 5.1  (Read 22775 times)

shortstory

Any news about 5.1
« on: December 02, 2010, 10:32:22 AM »
Hello,

I know that some people have already asked about the release of Avast 5.1 (3 or four times).
And that each time, the answer was to continue to read regularly this forum to get this information.
But also, I know that it was planned to get news about 5.1 at the end/during November.
Is-it possible to have an 'official' answer this time? Will it be delayed? Postponed to next year? Or soon.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Any news about 5.1
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 10:41:02 AM »
I know that some people have already asked about the release of Avast 5.1 (3 or four times).
you mean 3 - 4 hundred times  ;D

when the news about avast 5 came out, there was 50 questions a day about when it would be released
when beta testing started, there was lots of   " it is working, release it now "   post`s
when it was released, that changed to   " the program is full of bug`s, you released it to early "   post`s

So the short answer is, it will be released when ready  ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:06:49 AM by Pondus »

shortstory

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 12:33:28 PM »
I prefer you don't answer to me Pondus.  :)
I am asking for an 'official' answer. Not the same answer that I could read a lot of time previously.

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 02:11:19 PM »
Please go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

In Account Related Settings select Hide email address from public? to prevent scammers and spammers harvesting your free.fr email address.

Pondus' answer is about as 'official' as an answer you will get.  ;)

coolsilver

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 03:21:04 PM »
I'd love to see 5.1 and play with it in my own network.....

but I can wait.

swarnava

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 03:53:55 PM »
Tech Told Me

GUI changes aren't the major improvement. I haven't seen any screenshot yet, but I have already translated version 5.1. Just to say one new feature: you'll be able to control the timeout of the popups (info, updates, etc.)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 04:21:54 PM »
I am asking for an 'official' answer. Not the same answer that I could read a lot of time previously.

You as as unlikely to get an official answer as the other hundreds of such requests haven't. Where any sort of official answer has been given a firm date has never been given. Even if a date were given, the last thing avast will do is release it simply because an artificial date was given.

It will be released when it is ready and that hasn't changed and it doesn't matter who is saying it. The fact that you are most likely to hear about it on the forums first also hasn't changed either.

So I guess you don't want me to answer either as it doesn't tell you what you want to hear, avast 5.1 will be released on the 25 December 2010, Merry Christmas.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

swarnava

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 04:40:38 PM »
So I guess you don't want me to answer either as it doesn't tell you what you want to hear, avast 5.1 will be released on the 25 December 2010, Merry Christmas.

atleast beta version should release...i love beta testing  :P

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 04:47:03 PM »

You as as unlikely to get an official answer as the other hundreds of such requests haven't. Where any sort of official answer has been given a firm date has never been given. Even if a date were given, the last thing avast will do is release it simply because an artificial date was given.

It will be released when it is ready and that hasn't changed and it doesn't matter who is saying it. The fact that you are most likely to hear about it on the forums first also hasn't changed either.

That's how to cut a long story short(story) ;D ;D ;D

swarnava

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 04:48:54 PM »
That's how to cut a long story short(story) ;D ;D ;D

8) ;D

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 04:58:51 PM »
AH yes we are all waiting....... but what the gee ( except for the buisness folks)Avast 5.677 is working just fine....for the most part ;)

Nesivos

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 06:15:56 PM »

atleast beta version should release...i love beta testing  :P

I would never use a beta version of an AV or IS program in a production environment.

Good thing the plan is for users to have the option of doing so.

5.0 works great for me.

I will wait patiently for 5.1 to be released hopefully after a few betas and at least one RC.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 06:20:31 PM »

atleast beta version should release...i love beta testing  :P

I would never use a beta version of an AV or IS program in a production environment.

Good thing the plan is for users to have the option of doing so.

5.0 works great for me.

I will wait patiently for 5.1 to be released hopefully after a few betas and at least one RC.

Unless the Avast folks have changed the plan, I read a few weeks back that there 'will not' be a beta version...
Just the release version..."when it is ready" :)

Misaki2010

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 10:57:37 AM »
I'm really looking forward to test Avast 5.1 :D and 6.0 (when it's ready)

fishb0t

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 06:59:53 PM »