Author Topic: Installed Avast & My Scroll Mouse Doesn't Work  (Read 11419 times)

backslide420

Re:Installed Avast & My Scroll Mouse Doesn't Work
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2004, 01:43:08 AM »
I am using a wireless microsoft mouse. also works fine on other system.
arrow keys work fine. just the scroll wheel is jacked.

Geek

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 07:22:15 PM »
Hello All,

I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back with you.  I told you I worked long hours.  :o  lol

After fiddling with things every chance I got and not having anything work, I decided to try my mouse on my other system again.  It didn't work on it this time.  The poor thing must have been taking it's last breath the last time I tried it on my other system and just kicked the bucket when I put it back over here.

I called HP and by the next morning (no joke, the very next morning.  HP ROCKS!), I had a new scroll mouse.  I hooked it up and everything is working perfectly.

Thank you all for your time and attention to this matter.  If I ever have another problem or question about Avast!, I will know where to turn.

Geek

P.S.  I don't get the jerking anymore either.  It was all the mouse dying.  Poor little fella.   :'(

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 07:33:07 PM »
Thanks for letting us know it is solved :D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2004, 07:33:53 PM »
Beautiful, Bob!  That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

Great uninstall utility, it couldn't have been simpler.  

Unfortunately, I am still left with the registry entries that I wasn't able to delete myself.  I took two screenshots of said entries.......as you may have guessed, my mouse still won't scroll while using the mouse wheel.  I am getting really bummed. :(

You can get rid of these Legacy_AAVM keys, it is a permissions issue. Navigate in the registry to the Key and right click on the Key and sellect Permissions... Select the User (you are logged on as) and tick Full Control - Allow accept the changes and this will now allow you to delete the key, repeat the excercise for the other key.

Warning: Export/backup the registry key prior to any edit/deletion so you can restore it if you mess up.

HTH David

Edit: AVG also left behind Legacy Keys (but lots more) when I got rid of it for avast!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 07:38:21 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security