Author Topic: How to get AVAST to learn?  (Read 3064 times)

Metallo

How to get AVAST to learn?
« on: August 16, 2004, 11:51:45 PM »
Hi,

Every time I get a mail and AVAST detects a virus in the file attached to it, AVAST offers different possibilities to decide what to do with the infected file, such as delete, repair, etc.

In addition to this, I'd like to "instruct" AVAST that every time he detects such a sender, he can delete the infected attachemnt and send the mail directly to the "Deleted Items".

Norton allows this by clicking its customized taskbar included into MS Outlook.
Can AVAST perform the same task?

Thank you!
Alex
 ::)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:How to get AVAST to learn?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 01:18:51 AM »
This is covered in the avast! help file, resident scanners - Advanced.

Resident Protection: Internet Mail - Advanced

Show detailed info on performed action. If you set this option, the resident protection will inform you about the files currently being tested. The information will be displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen, right above the system tray.

"Silent" mode. It is useful mainly for server operating systems. This option ensures that the resident protection will not require any user interaction and will not display any windows. For this reason, it is not recommended to set "choose action" on the Virus page in silent mode, because the interactive action choice requires user interaction of course. It is better to preset some particular action, such as deleting the file or moving it to Chest.

With answer Yes (OK). All avast! questions that would be displayed on the screen under common circumstances, will be replied Yes. If the selected action is choose action after all, pressing the OK button will be simulated.

With answer No (Cancel). All avast! questions that would be displayed on the screen under common circumstances, will be replied No. If the selected action is choose action after all, pressing the Delete button will be simulated (i.e. the infected file will be deleted).

Open the Internet Mail provider click the customise... button and set as image.

The Pro version gives more options than the very basic (free) Home version.

HTH David
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 01:21:21 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:How to get AVAST to learn?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 04:02:49 AM »
The Pro version gives more options than the very basic (free) Home version.

Hehe, David, the Pro version has a fully customized automated action...
In Home version, as you described, is only posible 'send the file to Chest' (Silent Mode + No as default answer).  ;)
The best things in life are free.