Author Topic: Avast quits  (Read 8353 times)

picsync

Avast quits
« on: February 14, 2003, 03:28:13 PM »
This is the first time I have installed Avast Home.
When I run the program from the start menue it detects a virus, Win32:Opas-E [Wrm],  but when I click continue the program quits.

How do I get it to stay running?

PIII
Win ME
512 meg

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Avast quits
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 04:13:00 PM »
For security reasons, avast! will not start if it finds an active virus in memory during its startup.

We are currently working on a standalone tool that will remove known worms from your computer. This tool will hopefully become a part of avast! in the next major release. While it's still under development and testing, it is capable of removing Opas worm already - so, if you want to try (it's quite safe I'd say  ;)), I can send it to you by email - it's about 100kB.

Otherwise, there are other tools for removing Opas worm from your computer. Or - when you check the information on the virus, e.g. on our web pages - it's not particulary hard to remove the worm by hand.

ig

picsync

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 11:53:38 PM »
Thanks for the quick response. The worm tool would be great, could you e-mail it to me please (picsync at hotmail dot com).

PicSync

For security reasons, avast! will not start if it finds an active virus in memory during its startup.

We are currently working on a standalone tool that will remove known worms from your computer. This tool will hopefully become a part of avast! in the next major release. While it's still under development and testing, it is capable of removing Opas worm already - so, if you want to try (it's quite safe I'd say  ;)), I can send it to you by email - it's about 100kB.

Otherwise, there are other tools for removing Opas worm from your computer. Or - when you check the information on the virus, e.g. on our web pages - it's not particulary hard to remove the worm by hand.

ig

kallike

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 01:21:49 AM »
hey, can you mail this removal tool to me, with instructions? i have not managed deleting it manually, it is being used by windows.
erikik@hot.ee