Author Topic: Newest version of Firefox will not launch in the virtual sandbox  (Read 4104 times)

Zalynia

Newest version of Firefox will not launch in the virtual sandbox
« on: December 05, 2010, 11:30:33 PM »
I am a huge Avast! fan, using Avast! IS.  I have been doing all browsing using Firefox in the virtual sandbox.  I love this feature!

When I updated Firefox to the newest version, 3.6.12, it will no longer launch in the sandbox.   I get this error message:

XUL Runner
Error:  Platform version '1.9.2.12' is not compatible with minVersion >= 1.9.2.10
            maxVersion <= 1.9.2.10

Please note - This new version of Firefox launches and works just fine as long as I don't try to launch it in the virtual sandbox.  But I am unable to use the sandbox feature with it.

I miss the safety of the sandbox!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!   Thanks very much in advance.  :)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 6GB Ram, Avast! IS 5.0.677, Ad Aware Free, Mozilla Firefox with Adblock Plus

Gargamel360

Re: Newest version of Firefox will not launch in the virtual sandbox
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 11:49:29 PM »
No problem like that here with a similar system to yours.

Just a stab in the dark, but you could try opening Avast! and click the "delete contents" button in the ProcessVirtualization's  Expert Settings, then try running it again.

Zalynia

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 12:03:39 AM »
Ok, thanks very much Gar, I will give that a try and let you know the results.  Happy Holidays to you.  :)

disPlay

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 12:29:40 AM »
Just like Garmel said. My System is also similar to yours and I don't have any problem virtualizing the firefox and launching it.

zron

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 02:54:41 PM »
Good Morning ! Upon logging in this morning I was surprised that both Firefox and Internet Explorer 8 both weren't operating when I clicked on Virtual Mode. Internet Explorer gave me the usual Windows has encountered an error and will try to search for a solution. Nothing registered with either browser,so I did a fresh re-install of Avast and did the usual reboot to initiate the Virtualization program. That seemed to rectify the situation for the moment. Based on the fact that both browsers were operating as per normal yesterday with Virtualization and not so today,this leads me to believe that theirs a bug in the malfunctioning Virtualization features. Sincerely...Zron

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 04:00:40 PM »
"Delete content" button in Process Virtualization settings should help...
the conflict is between virtualized FF and non-virtualized FF..

Zalynia

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 07:27:06 PM »
Thanks pk!  will give it a try...

Zalynia

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 02:29:43 AM »
That fixed it!  Thanks very much Gargamel and pk.   :D