Author Topic: My school computer is screwing up please help  (Read 11709 times)

lzeppelinrocks

Re: My school computer is screwing up please help
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 03:35:23 AM »
i will try that, but does anyone know how to get my internet to work? and also my taskbar and windows just looks weird... Like i usually had a black taskbar and black bar things on the top of browsers, but all of a sudden they all turned white and look like windows classic. Also, it usually took about 5 minutes to log on now it takes like half a second. This all started happening today and i had not used my computer in a day or two.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 04:34:45 AM »
Before you can get that to work or attempt to get it to work you need to clean your system as the malware an be hooking your connection. Removal of the malware could inadvertently take that down, so you could be fighting that battle many times over.

So essexboy is the one to help with that and to do so he needs the logs.

Unfortunately he is in the UK, like I am and he works, so will be in bed now as it is a little after 3.30am in the UK right now.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

lzeppelinrocks

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 05:00:08 AM »
My wireless randomly started working and i ran the scan that essexboy said to run. Do you guys want the logs? Is my computer fixed now? What did that scan do? Sorry if i seem a little bit weird but i have an essay due... and this is not good.

SafeSurf

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 10:09:32 AM »
Yes, we will need the logs.  Make sure the OTL logs are saved as ANSI and not Unicode.  Post two (2) OTL log as an attachment (Additional Options > Attach > Browse (the logs will be on your desktop > Post).  Thank you.

The scans are a diagnostic tool that will give us information as to what might be causing your problems.  We can't tell you if your machine is fixed now or not until we review your logs.

***Please do not make any further changes to your machine now that you have provided the logs.***

Let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 10:00:29 PM »
If you are able to use another computer to burn a CD - then we can try this, I will give you the network version as it does have a lot of drivers installed and may enable you to get on the net from the live cd

Please print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing

OTLPENet.exe
MD5=C2629B6D6FA189EA92FF6FD1FFA2A81D
127,353,979bytes / 121.4MB

• Download OTLPENet.exe to your desktop
  • Download the attached scan.txt
  • Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive
  • Double click OTLPENet.exe and this will then open imgburn  to burn the file to CD

• Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • As the CD needs to detect your hardware and load the operating system, I would recommend a nice cup of tea whilst it loads  :) 
  • Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop.
Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location
  • When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
  • When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start.
  • Double click the Custom scans and fixes box
  • In the dialogue locate the scan.txt you have on the USB
  • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
  • When finished, the file will be saved  in drive C:\OTL.txt
  • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system.
  • Right click the file and select send to : select the USB drive. 
  • Confirm that it has copied to the USB drive by selecting it
  • You can backup any files that you wish from this OS
  • Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.

lzeppelinrocks

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 04:45:24 AM »
Here are the logs. My computer seems to be working better and i havent had many problems in the past few days. Btw though, i randomly will get redirected to a random website sometimes. Usually when i click on a link, or try to search a link. Its pretty annoying but no that big of a deal though.

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 04:50:05 AM »
Here are the logs. My computer seems to be working better and i havent had many problems in the past few days. Btw though, i randomly will get redirected to a random website sometimes. Usually when i click on a link, or try to search a link. Its pretty annoying but no that big of a deal though.
Hey you may want to hide your e-mail. just sayin to prevent your e-mail from getting spammed. there is a lot of people that likes to spam on the forums.
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

lzeppelinrocks

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 05:22:42 AM »
i dont rlly use that email unless i know something is being sent there, but thanks for telling me that

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 09:57:19 PM »
Hi there did you have a date problem when you installed the system ?
[2099/01/01 12:00:00 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- \\app-t12\users13\mstreuber2\My Pictures

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:OTL
    [2010/11/30 12:41:17 | 000,008,155 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\mstreuber2\Local Settings\Application Data\Wsufaloqe.dat
    [2010/11/30 00:18:08 | 000,000,000 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\mstreuber2\Local Settings\Application Data\Rfazukijadu.bin
    [2010/11/29 13:08:23 | 000,008,155 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\anapeyamoledu.dll
    [2010/11/29 13:08:05 | 000,008,155 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\Wsufaloqe.dat
    [2010/11/29 00:31:28 | 000,000,000 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\Rfazukijadu.bin
    [2010/11/28 23:46:28 | 000,000,308 | -HS- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\tasks\CALC.job
    [2010/11/28 23:46:14 | 000,000,310 | -HS- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\tasks\EHSUN.job
    [2010/11/28 23:46:10 | 000,121,856 | RHS- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\adsmsext1.dll

:Files
    ipconfig /flushdns /c

:Commands
    [purity]
    [resethosts]
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]
    [CREATERESTOREPOINT]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.
THEN

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.  It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you.  Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

lzeppelinrocks

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 07:03:37 AM »
Hey, I ran OTL again and did what you said and here is the log. There was other log that came up and idk what it is so ill post that too. But combofix didnt work. I would start it and everything and then randomly a message that says CFscript is spelled wrong and that i should check the spelling. Then i click ok on that message  and combofix closes. Also, there is no possible i can turn off symantec antivirus because its the school virus scan or something. And it said Avast was still running and im pretty sure i uninstalled it.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 09:16:03 PM »
That is weird for combofix - as that would only come up if you dragged a text file onto it

Could you try Combofix again please, just double click the icon

lzeppelinrocks

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 05:59:44 AM »
Alright i tried Combofix 4 more times, none of them working. Also, whenever my computer starts messing up it randomly tuns to windows classic style bars.. it wont let me change it when  it does that too. Not a big deal i just dont know if that cld be something

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 07:41:01 PM »
OK lets run a different programme to see if I can locate the miscreant

Download avz4.zip from here
  • Unzip it to your desktop to a folder named avz4
  • Double click on AVZ.exe to run it.
  • Run an update by clicking the Auto Update button on the Right of the Log window:
  • Click Start to begin the update
Note: If you recieve an error message, chose a different source, then click Start again

• Start AVZ.
  • Choose from the menu "File" => "Standard scripts " and mark the "Advanced System Analysis with Malware removal mode enabled " check box.

• Click on the “Execute selected scripts”.
  • Automatic scanning, healing and system check will be executed.
  • A logfile (avz_sysinfo.htm) will be created and saved in the LOG folder in the AVZ directory as virusinfo_syscure.zip.
  • It is necessary to reboot your machine, because AVZ might disturb some program operations (like antiviruses and firewall) during the system scan.
  • All applications will work properly after the system restart.
When restarted

• Start AVZ.
  • Choose from the menu "File" => "Standard scripts " and mark the “Advanced System Analysis " check box.

• Click on the "Execute selected scripts".
  • A system check will be automatically performed, and the created logfile (avz_sysinfo.htm) will be saved in the LOG folder in the AVZ directory as virusinfo_syscheck.zip.
Upload both virusinfo_syscure.zip and virusinfo_syscheck.zip to  Mediafire and post the sharing link.

lzeppelinrocks

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 06:07:41 AM »
Yeah the link on the word here, doesnt work. It says
Not Found.

The requested resource was not found.
httpd

Soooooo i couldnt do what you asked, sorry

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 02:41:28 PM »
Try right clicking on that word 'here' and select save file as or save as or save link as, depending on your browser. the avz4.zip file is there, I just confirmed that in firefox using the save link as action in firefox, see image.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security