Author Topic: My school computer is screwing up please help  (Read 11706 times)

lzeppelinrocks

My school computer is screwing up please help
« on: December 06, 2010, 02:07:03 AM »
I got a virus called antimal software a week ago and my computer hasnt been the same since. The instruction at "0x7c923845" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
I keep getting this error everytime i start my computer up or switch users. My computer freezes up about once every 2 hours, and i have to manually shut my computer down. i have run mbam, avast, symantec, all the virus scans countless times and cant find anything else. Please help, I think what is wrong is my system files are ****** up but i dont have my computers disc to run the sytem file repair program. My internet also freezes about every half an hour and my computer has to be manually shit down. Also, my wireless sometimes disconnects randomly and says the wireless has been configured to not connect here or something and the wireless does not connect.

rdmaloyjr

Re: My school computer is screwing up please help
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 02:12:16 AM »
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and update it before running a full scan.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

Please report back here with the results of the scan.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:15:59 AM by rdmaloyjr »

lzeppelinrocks

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 02:28:17 AM »
I have run malware bytes anti malware countless time, updated it, and done the full scan it comes up with nothing.
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and update it before running a full scan.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

Please report back here with the results of the scan.

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 03:12:39 AM »

If you have a 32-bit OS, you can try a boot time scan with Avast.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 03:14:00 AM »

If you have a 32-bit OS, you can try a boot time scan with Avast.

+1 I agree too ;)
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 10:02:09 AM »
is it this one you have been hit with?

http://www.removevirus.org/antimalware-doctor.html
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

SafeSurf

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 10:48:47 AM »
i have run mbam, avast, symantec, all the virus scans countless times and cant find anything else.
Do you have both Avast and Symantec on your machine?  You cannot have more than one resident antivirus running on your machine at the same time or it will cause conflicts.  If you do have both, here is the uninstaller for Symantec: http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN...then reboot.

Reset the router to its default configuration.  This can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router.  Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 10 seconds).

Check the information on the first post of this thread under Virus/Worms for you to check your machine for malware: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Follow the directions for obtaining the OTL logs (save them as ANSI and not Unicode).  Post the MBAM log here and the two (2) OTL log as an attachment (Additional Options > Attach > Browse (the logs will be on your desktop > Post).  We will review your logs and refer to our Certified Malware Expert (Essexboy) if needed. 

***Please do not make any further changes to your machine after you have provided the logs.***

Let me know if you have any additional questions.  Thank you.

lzeppelinrocks

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 12:30:12 AM »
I ran avast last night just to check for the last time, because i had run avast, mbam, and symantec a few hours before and avast found around 60,000 infected files, all in the symantec foler named "xfer". WTF! I couldnt actually do anything to any of the files because it said it could not found the file specified. My computer isnt really showing any signs of malware though, and around half of the day it works totally fine and runs smoothly. But, at a random time the "The instruction at "0x7c923845" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"
message comes up, and basically my computer just starts fucking up. The wireless doesnt work, my computer constantly freezes and i have to do a hard shutdown, programs take sometimes over 5 minutes to start to run. Only after that message comes up. So i am thinking whatever that instruction is, is the problem.
Also, this is my school computer and i cant uninstall symantec, so i guess ill have to uninstall avast.

SafeSurf

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 08:46:22 AM »
Also, this is my school computer and i cant uninstall symantec, so i guess ill have to uninstall avast.
Does this machine belong to the school or you?  If it belongs to the school and they put symantec on it, then you have no choice but to uninstall avast since you cannot have more than one AV on your machine.  If it belongs to you, you can uninstall symantec.

You are getting the error codes because of the 2 AV's and/or the malware and the combination of the two.

I already gave you the symantec uninstaller tool.  Here is the Avast Unintaller Tool if you need it:
1. Download the Avast Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and save it to your desktop.
2. Disconnect from the Internet at this time.
3. Go to Control Panel and uninstall Avast through Add/Remove Programs if possible and reboot.
4. If Step 4 fails, boot into Safe Mode (hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Tool.
5. Reboot.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.  Thank you.

lzeppelinrocks

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 04:51:00 AM »
Alright im pretty sure i have some type of virus. I uninstalled avast, and literally nothing changed about my computer. That svchost.exe message still comes up and my computer still goes to shit when i exit out of it. Do i click debug or terminate the process though? I usually debug it but to be honest have no idea what that means. Idk what to do, i have run avast, symantec, and mbam several hundred thousand times and nothing changes. I think i got the virus on my dsadmin though, becuz if i try to log onto my dsadmin, well i cant. All that loads to my dsadmin is the desktop picture no taskbar, no icons, you can do ctrl - alt - del but that does nothing. Am i just like screwed and have to pay 2,500 dollars for a new school computer?

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 05:18:22 AM »
Hello, Try Scanning your computer with SAS(SuperAntiSpyware) http://www.superantispyware.com/  If you Decide to Download it and scan be sure to check for updates on the program than scan. I hope this helps :)
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

SafeSurf

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 09:38:30 AM »
This is information based on the first post that you stated you had a virus called antimal software: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antimalware-doctor.  Please read it.

Have you tried updating and running MBAM in Safe Mode? 

What AV do you currently have on your machine now?

Please answer the above questions and do not make any further changes to your machine and I will have a Certified Malware Expert, named Essexboy, try to help you.  He is on UK time zone and comes to the forum late UK time.  Check this thread daily and he will give you instructions on what to do.  Only take instructions from him or an Evang. at this time.  Do you have any questions?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 08:23:06 PM »
Hi - could you run this progamme please

Download OTL  to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Select All Users
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
Userinit.exe
svchost.exe
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.

lzeppelinrocks

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 02:41:13 AM »
Hello everyone. I just wanted to thank everyone for replying first off. Essexboy, i would do what you aid i should but my computer cant connect to the internet anymore... There is no wireless thing in the taskbar anymore. There is nothing in the network connections folder and even if you plug the computer directly into a router or something it will not connect. Also half the time i log onto my computer, just the desktop loads and ther is no taskbar or desktop icons so the only way you can do anything is to do ctrl alt del and start a new task. My whole life centers around this piece of shit computer and this sucks s much. I will do exactly what you said to do essexboy once, and if i am able to connect to the internet.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 03:22:00 AM »
See if you can get a friend to download them for you, copy to a CD, safer than a USB and copy them to your system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security