Author Topic: Problem between Avast Internet Security and TuneUp Utilities 2010  (Read 6369 times)

pain22

I speak Spanish and translated it with google.

As the title says my problem is between Avast Internet Security and TuneUp Utilities 2010, TuneUp when opening and want to see the recommendations for performance improvements, which are those marked in the image below

If I click any of the options I get an error window like this:

I do not know why this is, and only with Avast Internet Security, and I have not tested with Avast Free, but with Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 not happened to me, but takes more resources as I switched to Avast because it is light and I seen good recommendations about it, and say that the problem is because the uninstall Avast and reopen the options already mentioned in TuneUp Utilities 2010, Normal open, and I also tested with TuneUp Utilities 2011 and get the same problem and seriously I hope I can help with this problem because if I stay with Avast, thanks and greetings.

CharleyO

Re: Problem between Avast Internet Security and TuneUp Utilities 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 07:40:49 AM »

The alert you posted is not from Avast. Instead, it is from Microsoft.

pain22

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 07:46:54 AM »
I do not think that is the operating system, because when I uninstall avast, I can open the options TuneUp normally and if i install (Avast) again this error comes.
By the way I have Windows XP Professional SP3.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 07:55:09 AM by pain22 »

SafeSurf

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 09:27:28 AM »
The alert you posted is not from Avast. Instead, it is from Microsoft.
@ CharleyO, Actually the alert is from TuneUp regarding the Performance Optimizer (see top header), then the bottom part directs the OP to the MS site for more information.

@ pain22,

The TuneUp Utility does a lot to mess around with your registry, do fixes without you knowing what it is doing, and many other things.  This software reminds me of Advanced_System_Care. :P  I think you can do better with:

1. CCleaner - free system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool.  There is a Slim version available as well at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds - 4th option down.  It removes unused files (cache, temporary Internet files, etc.) from your system, allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space.  It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.  Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.  Remember when installing to uncheck the Yahoo toolbar, the pre-opted in Google toolbar and Chrome as default browser.

2. Puran Defrag (also has a boot-time defrag) http://www.puransoftware.com/Puran-Defrag.html - see link for information

Both of the tools I mentioned above do not conflict with Avast.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.  Thank you.

pain22

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 11:39:17 AM »
First thanks for replying SafeSurf, and I have installed CCleaner and I'll take your recommendation and will remove TuneUp Utilities to avoid problems once and for all, and well, thanks again because here in this forum was the only place where I responded, in other forums did not answer, and I really thank you, and then it is solved my problem.

Greetings.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 01:00:15 PM »
...I'll take your recommendation and will remove TuneUp Utilities to avoid problems once and for all...

Good step, this should solve your problems..!
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 04:07:23 PM »
For what it's worth..I have been using Tune up 2010 all year with numerous security software (testing to see which is right for my OS) ie. AIS>> AvastAV Pro>> Avast Free>> Comodo>> and a couple others (all with clean Uninstalls and vender Removal Tools) and nave not had any problems with the Tune up Utility. But thats on my OS configuration....doesn't mean it would not cause problems in a different invironment. As you can see from my signature below I have settled for that layered protection. ;)
BTW I als use Tune Up 2010 on my other OS as well. :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 04:15:24 PM »

Well, it's up to you, but I would drop all tuneup sw...
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

YoKenny

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 09:11:45 PM »

Well, it's up to you, but I would drop all tuneup sw...
asyn
No TuneUp Utilities for me.

CCleaner and Puran Defrag do a much better job just like SafeSurf says and they are FREE

SafeSurf

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 09:04:33 AM »
pain22,

Let us know if after removing TuneUp Utilities and installing the other software I suggested helped your machine.  Thank you.

When you feel that your problem is fixed (no hurry), please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you. :)