Author Topic: [SOLVED] Internet Security license on Avast Pro  (Read 13527 times)

zerotox

[SOLVED] Internet Security license on Avast Pro
« on: December 06, 2010, 09:01:30 AM »
Hello everyone. I searched the forum and couldn't find any info on that - can you use your IS license with Avast Pro version?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:19:32 AM by zerotox »

SafeSurf

Re: Internet Security license on Avast Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 09:08:59 AM »
I do not believe you can because they are two (2) different products.  Did you change products?

zerotox

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:18:42 AM »

No. I have a license for the suite but want to use the antivirus pro. I have unsolvable problems with the firewall, will wait for it to mature some more. I know that I can uninstal it as a component but even then still the WIN Security center says its there but disabled so I prefer a clean install of the Antivirus only if I can use my IS license with it.

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 09:28:09 AM »
Is there not a option to select the components you want to install? I mean when you do a clean install.
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

SafeSurf

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:31:48 AM »
the WIN Security center says its there but disabled so I prefer a clean install of the Antivirus only if I can use my IS license with it
You can reinstall and do this and not have the firewall. 

What is your OS?  Did your Security Center not recognize Avast since you installed it or is this recent?

zerotox

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 09:37:38 AM »

WIN 7 Ultimate 32 bit. The Action center recognizes Avast just fine. Th eproblem is that first I installed the whole package and then through the change option in the installer unchecked the firewall component to uninstall the firewall. It was OK, the firewall tab disappeared from Avast's interface but the Action center still says that it is installed.

SafeSurf

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 10:06:21 AM »
It sounds like your install was corrupt.  You could try an Avast Repair first:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.

If this fails to fix your problem, then an Avast uninstall and clean install would be suggested if you want to keep the AIS version (AV + firewall).

1. Save a copy of newest version of Avast (5.0.677) for the version you need and save it to your HDD:
AIS –  http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_ais.exe
2. Download the Avast Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and save it to your HDD.
3. Disconnect from the Internet at this time.
4. Go to Control Panel and uninstall Avast through Add/Remove Programs if possible and reboot.
5. If Step 4 fails, boot into Safe Mode (hit F8 repeatedly) and run the Avast Uninstall Tool.
6. Reboot.
7. Install the newest version of Avast and reboot.
8. Get Internet access add the license key for AIS.
9. Update the Avast definitions.

Now see if the Security Center works properly and your Avast GUI is working properly.

zerotox

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 10:18:37 AM »

I don't think you understood me correctly. My Security center acts just fine. I did a clean install of Avast. I think though the option of changing set-up and unchecking components though working for Avast itself (no problems with Avast itself or its interface) it messes up WIN Security center. Still this is an option built into its installer - I did it when through add/remove programs accessed Avast installer and changed set-up by unticking Firewall.

SafeSurf

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 10:21:47 AM »
But now your Security Center still sees you as having a firewall but you really do not have one through AIS...correct?

zerotox

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »

Correct. Could it be the network shield causing it, does it also install some kind of a filter driver?
Strange because with Avira for ex. which just like Avast also has the option through add/remove programs to change the setting and remove components, when you uncheck the firewall it's gone from the Security center as well.
Too bad you can't use the IS license with the Pro version like in ESET.

SafeSurf

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 10:54:34 AM »
If you really want to change from AIS to Pro, you can contact Avast and have your license changed:  http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles.

If you are still having problems with your Security Center:

- Sometimes, Windows Action Center stop recognizing your antivirus or firewall... The fix could be fairly easy for the most part.
1. Go to Control Panel and open Administrative tools.
2. Click on Services.
3. Go down to Windows Management Instrumentation.
4. Stop this service. Stop the Action Center service too.
    Let them Automatically start.
5. Exit out of this area to your desktop.
6. Right click Start and choose Explore.
7. Go to C:\windows\system32\wbem\repository.
    Delete this subdirectory ONLY.  Leave the others there.
    Sometimes, only using Unlocker http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/, Delete FXP http://www.jrtwine.com/ or KillBox http://killbox.net/ you can delete these files.
8. Exit back to your desktop and reboot your computer (you might need to boot twice).
- This will rebuild the deleted folder and the database.  Once restarted, Windows Action Center should show the correct information, and antivirus and firewall should now be recognized.
Also see: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23457.0 – for all versions of Windows.

Let me know how things work for you.

zerotox

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »

Thank you very much for your time and help! I really appreciate it.

SafeSurf

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 09:40:45 AM »
zerotox,

Are you all set with your issue now, or is there anything else I can do for you? 

zerotox

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 10:09:27 AM »

After an uninstall and clean instal without the firewall, everything is OK, and it is not registered with the Security center.
Thank you once again for your time and effort!

swarnava

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »

After an uninstall and clean instal without the firewall, everything is OK, and it is not registered with the Security center.
Thank you once again for your time and effort!

insert activation code & update defination..otherwise you cannot see in security center