Author Topic: AD BLOCK disabled  (Read 9769 times)

twl845

Re: AD BLOCK disabled
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 12:20:18 AM »
If you uncheck "Store files..." checkbox in Expert Settings, does it help? Thanks.
I am unchecking now. I'll have to see what happens and post. Thanks for responding.  :)

twl845

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 03:00:00 AM »
PK - I unchecked "Store Files" and accessed Chrome browser virtualized. AD-BLOCK was enabled OK. I accessed U-TUBE and there was no sound again. Same as before, when I clicked another web site Chrome crashed. I shut Chrome down and did a re-boot, but as the computer shut down I got a few dialog boxes, the last of which said dirty shutdown. After it re-booted I virtualized Firefox, and accessed U-Tube with no problems. After I watched a video which had sound, I clicked on a few more web sites with no problems. So I would guess that Avast! virtualization doesn't play well with Google Chrome.(my Chrome at least) I'll switch to Firefox as my default browser until the problem is corrected.

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 03:59:10 AM »
I have read that Chrome Adblock extensions is not friendly with youtube.
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

twl845

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 01:55:43 PM »
I have read that Chrome Adblock extensions is not friendly with youtube.
I have never had a problem between the Chrome extensions and U-Tube until I virtualized Chrome with my Avast!
I'm not a U-Tube fan,I am just using it to test Chrome's compatibility with Avast! Virtual.

twl845

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 06:39:15 PM »
PK - I unchecked "Store Files" and accessed Chrome browser virtualized. AD-BLOCK was enabled OK. I accessed U-TUBE and there was no sound again. Same as before, when I clicked another web site Chrome crashed. I shut Chrome down and did a re-boot, but as the computer shut down I got a few dialog boxes, the last of which said dirty shutdown. After it re-booted I virtualized Firefox, and accessed U-Tube with no problems. After I watched a video which had sound, I clicked on a few more web sites with no problems. So I would guess that Avast! virtualization doesn't play well with Google Chrome.(my Chrome at least) I'll switch to Firefox as my default browser until the problem is corrected.
The thought occurred to me that Chrome sandboxes its own tabs in its browser. Could it be that when I virtualize Chrome, I am sandboxing the sandboxed tab in the browser making it screw up?