Author Topic: [SOLVED] Internet Security license on Avast Pro  (Read 13488 times)

SafeSurf

Re: Internet Security license on Avast Pro
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 10:29:13 AM »
Did you follow my instructions in Post #10 and see the link to the thread?

Is your Windows Firewall on now?

This seems to be a Win7 and Security Center issue that we have seen before that I am trying to help you sort out.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:33:46 AM by SafeSurf »

zerotox

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »
I think you misunderstood me. I meant that after a clean install with the firewall unchecked, now it is OK and the Avast firewall is not registered in the Windows Security Center as it was before when I tried changing the already installed components through add/remove programs. Otherwise the antivirus part is OK and registered in Windows Security center. So no problems now. And yes, the Windows firewall is on.

YoKenny

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 01:31:02 PM »
I see that you now have more than 20 posts which will permit you to update your profile to include signature information.

Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then Signature: and put information about your system just like my signature about your system just like my signature so that the helpers can offer pertinent advice.

zerotox

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 03:21:19 PM »

Thank you, I did it.

SafeSurf

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 09:45:59 PM »
So you now have AIS installed with the firewall unchecked (only the AV portion working), and the Windows firewall on. 

Is your Security Center registering your Windows firewall?  You had said that it does see Avast as your AV fine. 

If everything is working OK and your issue is resolved, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed.  If you feel that your issue is not fixed, please let me know what other questions or concerns you have.  Thank you.