Author Topic: Problems with the avast free interface  (Read 3444 times)

mcjc

Problems with the avast free interface
« on: December 06, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
Guys i had installed and reinstalled avast free many times and i had the same problem which is words missing beside icons is there any way to fix it? or is it incompatible with my system?

Current system is windows 7 64bit os

Screenshot of current avast

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tenko

Re: Problems with the avast free interface
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 04:51:24 PM »
Hey and Welcome!

Have you downloaded the correct version? the is a 32bit and 64bit and you need the 64bit. in case nothing works, you could try CIS 2011. here is the CIS 5/2011 for 64 bit http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_installer_x64.exe
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:02:17 PM by Tenko »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 04:55:05 PM »
Did you do a clean reinstall including removal of the previous installation using the uninstall utility ?

@ Tenco
There is no specific 64bit installation, the standard setup file has 64bit elements which are used for certain things if installed on a 64bit OS.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mcjc

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 05:09:55 PM »
hi all thanks for the fast respond,

the system is a newly bought pc (1 month ago) and the version downloaded was the latest too. problem was there since the 1st installation using a latest workable installation from my other pc (installed with no problems on windows 7 32bits on my other pc). Tried a fresh re downloaded avast problems remain there even i use the uninstall utility to uninstall it. tried updating software to the latest version and restarted pc and problems remains.

whenever i click and tried registering within the avast client no respond from it however updating software and signatures worked fine.

i had used avast for many years after switching from avg and i hoped i would be able continue to use it as i find it to be a very good av and i hoped to be able to resolve this problem and i would be able to use it on my new pc till i scrap it in future.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:14:48 PM by mcjc »

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 05:19:50 PM »
hi all thanks for the fast respond,

the system is a newly bought pc (1 month ago) and the version downloaded was the latest too. problem was there since the 1st installation using a latest workable installation from my other pc (installed with no problems on windows 7 32bits on my other pc). Tried a fresh re downloaded avast problems remain there even i use the uninstall utility to uninstall it. tried updating software to the latest version and restarted pc and problems remains.

whenever i click and tried registering within the avast client no respond from it however updating software and signatures worked fine.

i had used avast for many years after switching from avg and i hoped i would be able continue to use it as i find it to be a very good av and i hoped to be able to resolve this problem and i would be able to use it on my new pc till i scrap it in future.

1. Does anything happen when you click on any of these buttons?

2. Usually a new pc will be preloaded with all kinds of crapware including internet security software. Have you properly removed the preloaded security software? i.e. norton, mcafee, etc.

3. Have you installed any other security software besides Avast and whatever may have been preloaded?

4. What other programs/processes do you have loading at startup?

5. Have you run windows update to insure that windows is fully patched?

6. Will you go to control panel and open programs and features to see if Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 is installed on your computer?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:40:10 PM by Charyb »

SafeSurf

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 09:36:05 AM »
@ mcjc,

2. Usually a new pc will be preloaded with all kinds of crapware including internet security software. Have you properly removed the preloaded security software? i.e. norton, mcafee, etc.

3. Have you installed any other security software besides Avast and whatever may have been preloaded?
In addition to the above questions, did you reboot after the installation of Avast?

Have you tried an Avast Repair:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.

As mentioned previously, what other security software (trial versions, firewall, other security programs) do you currently have or had in the past on this machine?  Very often, remnants of other security software can create conflicts and prevent other software from working properly or cause problems for your machine.

@ Swarnava/Heaven GOD,

try to install pro & internet security...& check that the same problem is happen or not
The OP is allowed to have a license for a particular product; this does not cover ALL Avast products therefore your suggestion to the OP is incorrect.