Author Topic: ZenOK AV or bit defender?!  (Read 3779 times)

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
ZenOK AV or bit defender?!
« on: December 07, 2010, 07:24:17 PM »
Testing things is one of my function wich i dont "until now" get rid of it,I think it 's taking over my API.
So I heard lately about a new anti virus called ZenOK anti virus,so download it and install.
It ask me to remove avast"so i know it has some kind of real time protection",i uninstall avast"on my test system",reboot,then I install ZenOK anti virus The installer is not that good nor that bad.
After restart the program start the gui is so simple,I couldnt find a real options panel so I directly open a folder with malwares and a lot of them have been disabled without asking me"Now i am comfortable with those situation since avast handle every thing for me",I scan a directory but no item have been scanned,wierd thing.
I go to main GUI and i found that viruses files have been locked one of them IS SALITY.OG,OH MY GOD not that wide spread AV and it can see sality,so nice.
After 1 hour i uninstall the program since the so simple GUI dont tell me where is the options.
Two hours later i remember that i dont analyze the contenent of the program folder and i dont want to install it again,So i right click on the installer->7-zip->Extract to \zenok setup.
Seconds 7-zip done,so i go to the folder and start looking into files and folders debugging small libraries,looking at import/export table,Hey but wait i see "bit defender S.R.L"what ?!
Yes i see a lot of files made by bitdefender digitally signed by bit defender so the underground was bitdefender and the up ground was ZenOk AV.
I dont know if this is legal or not so any help to bit defender or to my geeking needs will be great.
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: ZenOK AV or bit defender?!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 07:38:23 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 07:48:21 PM »
So the Bit defender use is legal or not ::)
Thanks Asyn ;)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 07:53:01 PM »
So the Bit defender use is legal or not ::)
Thanks Asyn ;)

It seems so, as their president answered there...
But why is this important, it's crap anyway. (See Rejzor's statements.) ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 07:58:12 PM »
Stealing others is not a crap.
And i believe in being free in just about every thing and testing things is an express of that free.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »
1. Stealing others is not a crap.
2. And i believe in being free in just about every thing and testing things is an express of that free.

1. No, I mean the AV is crap..!!
2. +1 Don't want to stop you testing...!!
asyn