Author Topic: Program Conflicts Above AIS 5.0667  (Read 2762 times)

Nesivos

Program Conflicts Above AIS 5.0667
« on: December 10, 2010, 08:24:15 AM »
I installed the AIS 5.1X beta on

1.  Two Dell 570MTs with W7HP x64
2.  One Acer Netbook with W7HP x32

Prior to installing the beta all three computers were running AIS 5.0667

I did no notice any program conflicts with 5.0667 before the upgrades to 5.1x beta nor since I have reinstalled 5.0667.

Starting I believe at 5.083 and for sure at 5.1X beta I experienced conflicts with four programs.  They would not run or in some cases not even reinstall after uninstalling.  So uninstalled the beta and reinstalled 5.0661 on one Dell and restored by complete system image including 5.0667 on the other Dell.  On the Dell that I did the system and files image restore Avast 5.0667 worked fine right after the restore.  On the Dell that I reinstalled I reinstalled 5.0661, 5.0661 installed fine except that I had the program update on automatic.  So AIS downloaded the update which I thought was going to be 5.0667 but turned out to be 5.083. 

The four programs did not work with 5.083 just as they had not worked with 5.1x beta.   So I used the Avast uninstall program one more time to uninstall 5.083.  However before that I went to the Avast website and downloaded the AIS free/trial version which turned out to be 5.0667.  So I installed that after having uninstalling 5.083.  I set the program update to manual as I had on the other Dell.  The virus definitions updated.  Conflicts with the four programs are now gone.

On my Netbook I only noticed two conflicts.  The two conflicts were the same as two of the conflicting programs on the Dell computers.   The Acer did does not have the other two conflicting programs that are on the Dell.

The four programs which are all running current releases that would not run with AIS 5.083 or 5.1X beta are

ATI Catalyst Control Center 10.11
Dell Support Center 3.0
EMET 2.01 - Microsoft's Enhanced Migration Experience Toolkit
Wise Disk Cleaner 5.73   Interestingly enough the Wise Registry Cleaner had no problem running

Some specific files that I recall that showed up with the error message when I tried to run those programs were

ATI - MOM.exs

c:\program files (86)\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\clistart.exe"MSRun

PC-Doctor appupdater.exe - Application Error.  This application was unable to start correctly

Emet_Gui.exe - Application error - The application was unable to start correctly

Wise Disk Cleaner - The error message was can not find .dll.

s4u

Re: Program Conflicts Above AIS 5.0667
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 08:53:51 AM »
Please post this issue in teh beta section. It is easier to track.

All are security or hardware software.
 Try uninstall them all. --> install Avast latest beta --> install the software one by one

This way Avast has the opportunity to check them

Nesivos

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 04:58:10 PM »
Please post this issue in teh beta section. It is easier to track.

All are security or hardware software.
 Try uninstall them all. --> install Avast latest beta --> install the software one by one

This way Avast has the opportunity to check them

1.  Where is the beta section on this forum?   All I see is a locked "Introducing....thread"

2.  Already tried your suggestion.  In fact Dell  also tried your suggestion.

Thanks for your response.

I will skip the beta and deal with it when 5.1x is posted on the Avast front webpage as a free/trial download.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »
Beta section is in the light grey panel at the top of board where it say's beta.
Much safer to use ccleaner than wise disc cleaner imo,wise is notorious for deleting important system file's.

Nesivos

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 05:24:51 PM »
Beta section is in the light grey panel at the top of board where it say's beta.
Much safer to use ccleaner than wise disc cleaner imo,wise is notorious for deleting important system file's.

Light Grey :o - No wonder I missed it.  I am a Yankee not a Confederate :) :)

Thanks.  I re-posted it over there.

CharleyO

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 03:05:12 AM »

But how did you not see the big orange circle? 

Oh, wait ... you did say you are a Yankee!    ;) :D ;D

(just joking of course)

YoKenny

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »
+1