Author Topic: Avast Free--cannot register  (Read 5265 times)

Hayesbiz

Avast Free--cannot register
« on: December 10, 2010, 12:02:07 AM »
When I fill out the registration form and click register, I get a message saying fill out the following form. When I click OK, it takes me back to the registration form.  ???

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Avast Free--cannot register
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 12:16:07 AM »
When I fill out the registration form and click register, I get a message saying fill out the following form. When I click OK, it takes me back to the registration form.  ???

Hello Hayesbiz, welcome to the forun: What version of Avast are you trying to register?
Thanks

Silk0

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 12:20:45 AM »
Hey and welcome to forums, Hayesbiz.
schmidthouse, the title of the topic says Avast Free so i suppose the version it's 5.0.xxx or 5.1.xxx.

Hayesbiz, did you filled up all the obligatory spaces on the form? If you did and continues not to work, I recommend to try a online registration if actually the registration via GUI doesn't work.
You can do the online registration, here: http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php

Waiting for your feedback.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:22:39 AM by Silk0 »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 12:28:34 AM »
Hey and welcome to forums, Hayesbiz.
schmidthouse, the title of the topic says Avast Free so i suppose the version it's 5.0.xxx or 5.1.xxx.

Hayesbiz, did you filled up all the obligatory spaces on the form? If you did and continues not to work, I recommend to try a online registration if actually the registration via GUI doesn't work.
You can do the online registration, here: http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php

Waiting for your feedback.

I didn't want to assume anything ;)
If Silko's advice doesn't work and it probably will..... :-\   you may want to try a CLEAN uninstll/reinstall of the product. I had to do that awhile back with .677 when first released...not sure why it wouldn't take the registration?? :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:33:48 AM by schmidthouse »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 02:04:35 AM »
Click on Maintenance, than Registration for online registering.
1) Open Avast.
2) Click on "Maintenance" then "Registration".
3) Fill out the form for your license key and click "Submit".

If it fails (or you're in an offline computer), try offline registration.
Fill the form here ( http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php ) and enter (copy & paste) the serial number you've received by email.

Inserting the license key into: avast! Free Antivirus, avast! Pro Antivirus and avast! Internet Security.
The best things in life are free.

Hayesbiz

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 09:38:28 PM »
I'm using version 5.0.677. Looks like registration went through using the online link provided. Thanks, everyone! Good to know you're there!

Silk0

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 09:43:12 PM »
I'm using version 5.0.677. Looks like registration went through using the online link provided. Thanks, everyone! Good to know you're there!

Thanks for your feedback! And you're welcome.
It's good to know that the online registration was done successfully.