Author Topic: resolved: issue with new order!!!!!!!! please help  (Read 11191 times)

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Re: HUGE issue with new order!!!!!!!! please help
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 06:50:10 AM »
Hi zfactor
As you have pointed out, the license model seems to be built upon some shaky assumptions.

Example:
Today I buy a 1-user, 3-year license, expiring 12/12/2013. I insert the file on one PC.
Tomorrow I buy a 5-user, 1-year license, expiring 13/12/2011. I receive the license file issued with the second purchase which also includes the info from the first. When I insert this file into the 5 PCs, all of them will indicate license valid until 12/12/2013.

People will very likely choose to use the one email address for all online purchases, be it for home, work, other family members, etc. As it is, it can't cope with concurrent license periods under the same primary key, in this case, your email address.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 10:33:34 AM by Vladimyr »
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

zfactor

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 08:51:45 AM »
yeah i know im sure sales will fix it but im STILL waiting even for a response back from them. i hope they fix this or ill have to get this refunded since its doing me 0 bit of good right now my mom is beyond the 30 day trial now with no lic file to use. so im a bit ticked off right now...all of my other 3 lic's are all separate files so why this one got combined i have no idea, but it really sucks i would have used a different email to buy had i known before hand. ill keep this posted if i hear from sales.

bridezilla924

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
Now this makes me question the two license of Avast Pro I bought last month two days a part. If they are combining license they should contact the purchaser and let them know. How do I know which key to use?

zfactor

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »
4 days now missing from this lic and still no response yet from sales.

zfactor

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 01:52:19 PM »
Now this makes me question the two license of Avast Pro I bought last month two days a part. If they are combining license they should contact the purchaser and let them know. How do I know which key to use?

agreed i bought a lic for my mom, but she does not deal with the computer end of things so i used my email in case i needed to contact avast about it. and now i have this huge headache about fixing this. they really should send a separate file for each lic purchased imo.. i have 4 on one file that all end at different times?? how does the program know which is which since each time i insert it it only shows the first expiration date.

zfactor

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 04:06:02 AM »
update avast sales fixed the issue so it is resolved now.. thank you avast!!

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »
Can you tell us how it was resolved?
Did they allocate the two licenses separately under different email addresses?
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

YoKenny

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 02:18:48 PM »
update avast sales fixed the issue so it is resolved now.. thank you avast!!

Please go to your first post and change to Resolved HUGE issue with new order!!!!!!!! please help.

Merry Christmas

zfactor

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 03:44:31 PM »
Can you tell us how it was resolved?
Did they allocate the two licenses separately under different email addresses?

yes they sent me separate lic files but they were able to be under the same email.