Author Topic: Documentation for SBS version  (Read 6815 times)

chucko

Documentation for SBS version
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:22:34 PM »
Where can one find the documentation for the Avast SBS edition?  I've looked on the Avast site and searched the forums to no avail.

Specifically what I'm looking for is documention for the various providers and what the configuration options are and what they mean.

For example, in the Exchange 2000/2003 provider, there is a checkbox that says "Scan at Transport Level (Exchange 2003 only)".  I'd like to know what will change if one were to check this box.  I'd also like to know about the "Enable Proactive Scanning" checkbox and the "Scan Messages in the Background" checkbox.

I'd also like to find out why the Exchange provider seems to scan all mail in my mailstore periodically and how to change or configure this behavior.

Can anyone be so kind as to direct me to the answers to these questions?  Thanks!

chucko

Re: Documentation for SBS version
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:31:16 PM »
Come on, someone should be able to point me to the product documentation, right?

Does this mean that documentation does not exist?

wpn

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 06:10:55 PM »
most of the documentation will be the same as for the professional/adnm versions.....

but as you may have found in the forum there is a little lack of good documentation which, hopefully, Alwil is making up for with Avast 5.....

i assume you have found the documentation for professional/adnm on the download pages of the packages.....?

StormsEdge

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 06:08:29 PM »
not specifically trying to revive a dead thread, but has anyone found any information on those specific options and what they do?

grehund

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 07:50:49 AM »
I agree, a proper guide that thoroughly details each of the providers is a must.  The Exchange/Internet Mail providers are still a mystery to me.  I'm not sure what the correct/recommended config is for these on an SBS.  :-[

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 11:01:58 AM »
reported