Author Topic: 113577url.cptgt.com  (Read 25821 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: 113577url.cptgt.com
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2010, 11:21:15 PM »
OK lets now turbo charge your computer  ;D

Looking at that I am a happy bunny  :)

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean  :thumbsup:

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset  System Restore points:

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:Commands
    [resethosts]
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]
    [CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS]
    [Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
Click Start > Run  and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:

ComboFix /Uninstall

Run OTL and hit the cleanup button.  It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself.  MBAM can be uninstalled via control panel add/remove along with ERUNT.  But they may be useful tools to keep

We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application. 

Upgrading Java:
  • Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)JRE 6 Update 23.
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Select your Platform and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.".
  • Click on Continue.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation (jre-6u23-windows-i586-p.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager..
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.(Vista users, right click on the jre-6u23-windows-i586-p.exe and select "Run as an Administrator.")

SPRING CLEAN

Download and run Puran Disc Defragmenter
I would recommend a boot defrag and disc check for the first run

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

Malwarebytes.  Run weekly to keep your system clean
    [/list]
    It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To keep your operating system up to date visit To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide  How did I get infected in the first place ?
    Keep safe  :wave:

Busymama62

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2010, 11:27:41 PM »
    OK lets now turbo charge your computer  ;D

Looking at that I am a happy bunny  :)

Thank you so much!!!!   I will get started on the list you have given me.  I am the HAPPY BUNNY!  We have been using the laptop for all of our computer needs for over 6 months!!!  It is just unhandy.  I even had to set up the dual monitor type system on the lap top because the laptop screen is going bad.  It is so much easier to use a full size key board etc.  Thanks again!  I hope that you have a Very Merry Christmas.  I wish you were in our area so we could give you a free carpet cleaning for your time.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
    • Probably Bot
    • Dragons by Sasha
      • Malware fixes
    « Reply #47 on: December 17, 2010, 11:31:13 PM »
    Let me know how it turns out for you  ;D

Busymama62

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2010, 11:52:20 PM »
    Click Start > Run  and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:

Apparently we did not use Combofix on this system.  I have Malewarebytes and had it before this last problem, when the hijack, worm, virus or whatever hit this system the first thing it did was damage the Malwarebytes and Panda so that they would not open and run.

I am proceeding to the next step after the combofix step.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
    • Probably Bot
    • Dragons by Sasha
      • Malware fixes
    « Reply #49 on: December 18, 2010, 12:17:52 AM »
    Ooops I forgot - we renamed it, no matter OTL will remove it  ;D

Busymama62

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2010, 12:41:53 AM »
    • Select your Platform and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.".

Well, showing my ignorance again.  How do I figure out if my platform is windows or windowsx64?  All I know is that I have WindowsXP

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
    • Probably Bot
    • Dragons by Sasha
      • Malware fixes
    « Reply #51 on: December 18, 2010, 11:19:45 AM »
    Take the windows one - you do not have 64 bit  ;D

Busymama62

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »
    Thank you!  I just downloaded the new Java to my desk top.  I went to add/remove programs and the only Java showing up is Java 6 Update 7.  Did we remove my older Java with the last OTL by any chance?

Will be back later this morning and will wait untill I hear from you before I do install this Java, I do not want to mess anything up.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
    • Probably Bot
    • Dragons by Sasha
      • Malware fixes
    « Reply #53 on: December 18, 2010, 05:06:37 PM »
    Uninstall Java 7 and then install 23

Busymama62

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »
    I think everything went fine with the Puran Boot Defrag and disc check.  If the computer did anything upon restart I could not tell it.  I had to unlock the computer for it to finish booting, would that have affected anything?

I assume it would be a good idea to download the Puran to the lap top also.  I will ck the version of Java on the lap top first.

The only thing I have noticed is a couple of times upon shut down a window has popped up but I have only gotten part of it written down.   "DW20.EXE......."  and in the window "Failed to initalize......

Busymama62

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2010, 05:12:06 AM »
    It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

The Article "How did I get infected in the first place suggests these firewalls.  Which do you think is the best? Thank you!  Three good ones that are freeware are OnlineArmor, Outpost Firewall Free, and Sunbelt Personal Firewall.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
    • Probably Bot
    • Dragons by Sasha
      • Malware fixes
    « Reply #56 on: December 19, 2010, 01:35:53 PM »
    Aye get Puran for the laptop as it is really good

DMW is part of windows error reporting if it continually comes up then just turn off error reporting

As for firewalls I believe outpost is near the top at the moment - I use AIS  ;D

You'll be an expert soon  :)

YoKenny

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2010, 01:51:45 PM »

Maybe able to go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then select your country in Please select your country: then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

Busymama62

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2010, 03:50:29 PM »

Thank you Essexboy and YoKenny!  I had forgotten to go back to my profile and make some edits. 

I will put Puran on the laptop either later today or tomorrow.  We have a pretty busy day today.  Also, I will be speaking to my husband about him using Firefox now instead of IE.  I have been using Firefox mainly for two sites I go to, so it would be  no problem to use Firefox for all internet things.  I noticed that my Firefox shows as having Java 6.0.23, I guess I need to remove it and download the newer version.  I had thought it would be an automatic thing. 

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
    • Probably Bot
    • Dragons by Sasha
      • Malware fixes
    « Reply #59 on: December 19, 2010, 04:06:34 PM »
    6.0.23 is the correct version - when you installed the java update it automatically did FF as well  ;D