Author Topic: Anyone out there who cares to help me understand Sandbox???  (Read 6974 times)

Gargamel360

Re: Anyone out there who cares to help me understand Sandbox???
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 12:46:15 AM »
Ah, you are of course welcome....I just noticed your email is showing public, you may want to hide it to avoid spam harvesting.

Up above click on Profile>>ForumProfileInfo>>Check "hide email from public"

Nikilet

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 12:51:15 AM »
Under Account Related Settings, I have it checked to NOT show my email address so what's going on?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 12:57:06 AM »
DavidR - I do have Firefox with NoScript, but had never seen the RequestPolicy before. I have installed it. Now is this something that will just run in the background when I have my browser open or do I have to so something to enable?

The RequestPolicy is very like NoScript (the add-on is running), in that it doesn't allow any cross site contact (the site you are on connecting to another site via a script). So you have to allow sites to do this in the same way you have to allow them with NoScript. However, this for many is a step too far as it is more intrusive as sites often have multiple scripting connections to other sites.

For me I don't find that much hassle, but at times it can take time to select what sites you want to allow as this requires an amount of knowledge about what sites to allow and want to leave blocked.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Nikilet

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 01:02:28 AM »
Thanks DavidR. I don't mind an extra step or two for safety's sake so I'll try it for a while.

What I'm concerned about right now is my email showing public, and wondering if it's always been that way. I sure didn't mean for it to be and as I said, I do have the box checked to not make my email public. Please help me get this reversed altho it's probably a bit late now.  >:(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 01:03:04 AM »
Under Account Related Settings, I have it checked to NOT show my email address so what's going on?

I think Gargamel360 was responding to the post directly before his (on the previous page), not yours, e.g. Salty_Walty but he has now taken care of that aspect.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Gargamel360

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 01:04:17 AM »
I think Gargamel360 was responding to the post directly before his (on the previous page), not yours, e.g. Salty_Walty but he has now taken care of that aspect.

Correct, sorry for any confusion.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 01:04:32 AM »
Thanks DavidR. I don't mind an extra step or two for safety's sake so I'll try it for a while.

What I'm concerned about right now is my email showing public, and wondering if it's always been that way. I sure didn't mean for it to be and as I said, I do have the box checked to not make my email public. Please help me get this reversed altho it's probably a bit late now.  >:(

You're welcome.

Your email isn't showing, only you and moderators can see it. See my last post as I don't believe the comment was directed at you.

Edit: now confirmed Gargamel360, always a problem when the topic take a new page and you aren't aware that it is about to do that, 15 posts (OP +14) per page).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:06:20 AM by DavidR »

Nikilet

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 01:11:46 AM »
That clears things up so thanks all. Signing out now.